Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Winters in Chicago

Anyone else hate the cold weather taking a beating on our cars? Anyone have any tips to keep all the rattles to a minimum? i'm talking mostly about the window seals. Rear window rattles mostly from hard and brittle rubber as well as windows stick. Any tips?

I love my zhp, but just don't enjoy driving it when it gets so cold..

nike001 Guest
    I have a metal-on-metal sound that's minute enough that can be drowned out by my radio.. but it drives me up the wall and I can't figure out where it's coming from.

I don't have any other rattles other than my sunroof, which is hopefully just a loose screw from when I took it out a few weeks ago to retrieve my sunroof shade that was in shambles.

Do you have rattles? I don't necessarily notice any more/less in cold weather, but I hate driving it in the cold. Cold matched with salt and me not being able to wash it whenever i want= no gusta

I remember how brutal Chicago winters were when I used to live in that area years ago.....

Screw winter lol

It sounds to me like rear window seal as well as maybe both rear windows. My driver and passanger side windows stick in this weather. (they dno't want to come down unless i work the motor up and down) i'm sure that burns the motor out a bit putting excessive tension on the gears. Worst case is when driver window doesn't pop down that 0.25 inch when opening door and doesn't let me open door, i have to basically cause window to tilt in the mount to open the door.

I don't get any of that normally... maybe a stuck window once in a while from the car wash but thats bout it.

PS it's snowing up here.
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Ah, the difference is i have the coupe, so no window trim. anyone with coupe can chime in on this issue?

Besides replacing the expensive as hell Shadowline trim that is glued to the rubber seals... not really. The door seals can probably be changed cheaply which will help with noise from the front windows/doors.

Charlie, what have you done for the ///M since it would fall under the same general coupe problems (although she hibernates in winter)?