Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

ZHPMafia Family Reunion 2013 - Williamsburg, VA - Maintenance Thread

Hey everyone

I thought I would kick off this thread for those who will want to do their maintenance at Dane's on Sunday the 19th during SIGFest2013

Last year I had plenty of help when I replaced my VANOS seals, VCG, ignition coils/plugs, and installed my VANOS anti-rattle kit for my ZHP. It was an awesome experience and for those who have not done any maintenance during a SIGFest, I highly recommend doing so

I realize plans may change so feel free to update your maintenance desires as the situation warrants! Let's have a good list for SIGFest2013!

Everyone interested and signing up please cut and paste to update the list. No need to copy everything above the list Thank you.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** *******************

1. cakM3 (Charlie) - replace driver's window regulator in the ///M
    2. GMATT shark injector and rear window switch mod (Kyle, help please!) And possible steering wheel swap (colby). If any body has the proper battery charger please bring!
    Last edited by cakM3; 11-14-2012 at 05:36 AM.

Thanks Chuck. Also is a good area to verify you're picking up the correct parts, and have the correct tools, lubricants, servants, etc....

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Thanks Chuck. Also is a good area to verify you're picking up the correct parts, and have the correct tools, lubricants, servants, etc....

Agreed Dane! Glad to help

Hi..............I am thinking of "Sharking" the ZHP. Have never done it and I know many here have. I also do NOT have a charger (other than battery tender). Would also like to to the rear window switch mod (Kyle knows what I mean). May also do a steering wheel swap. (Colby).

Little help from my friends?

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by GMATT View Post
    Hi..............I am thinking of "Sharking" the ZHP. Have never done it and I know many here have. I also do NOT have a charger (other than battery tender). Would also like to to the rear window switch mod (Kyle knows what I mean). May also do a steering wheel swap. (Colby).

Little help from my friends?

Gary
    Sure. Add name to list. Someone bring a constant voltage battery charger.

Mine is automatic

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Hey everyone

I thought I would kick off this thread for those who will want to do their maintenance at Dane's on Sunday the 19th during SIGFest2013

Last year I had plenty of help when I replaced my VANOS seals, VCG, ignition coils/plugs, and installed my VANOS anti-rattle kit for my ZHP. It was an awesome experience and for those who have not done any maintenance during a SIGFest, I highly recommend doing so

I realize plans may change so feel free to update your maintenance desires as the situation warrants! Let's have a good list for SIGFest2013!

1. cakM3 (Charlie) - replace driver's window regulator in the ///M
    2. GMATT shark injector and rear window switch mod (Kyle, help please!) And possible steering wheel swap (colby). If any body has the proper battery charger please bring!

Sent from my fancy telephone!

Gary
    2004 ZHP Coupe TiAg 6mt
    "I never said it was special"

1. cakM3 (Charlie) - going to install, with Kyle's (static667) help a stereo upgrade on the ///M
    Last edited by cakM3; 02-04-2013 at 06:57 PM.

BUMP!!!

Start planning your maintenance/mods to be done at Dane's during the annual reunion guys/gals

OK, I'm gonna come in with my Spring suspension overhaul. I'm planning a complete bumper-to-bumper replacement of everything suspension-related... Stage I & II of Mango's Suspension Refresh thread on E46F. Most of the small stuff (bushings, mounts, etc.) has at least 60k on it, and the larger items are all > 100k. It's way overdue.

What in this needs special tools (ie. more than a ratchet kit, wrench set, tq wrench) ? Ex. RTAB, spring compressor, etc. Ideally I'd do all those "special items" on maintenance Sunday and bring the rest of the parts home to do the rest on my free time. Is this realistic ?

+ front wheel bearings are being done as well. I know DW has the tools, so this is 100% being done in VA.
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    OK, I'm gonna come in with my Spring suspension overhaul. I'm planning a complete bumper-to-bumper replacement of everything suspension-related... Stage I & II of Mango's Suspension Refresh thread on E46F. Most of the small stuff (bushings, mounts, etc.) has at least 60k on it, and the larger items are all > 100k. It's way overdue.

What in this needs special tools (ie. more than a ratchet kit, wrench set, tq wrench) ? Ex. RTAB, spring compressor, etc. Ideally I'd do all those "special items" on maintenance Sunday and bring the rest of the parts home to do the rest on my free time. Is this realistic ?

+ front wheel bearings are being done as well. I know DW has the tools, so this is 100% being done in VA.
    All you have to do alexandre is add yourself to the list like this

1. cakM3 (Charlie) - going to install, with Kyle's (static667) help a stereo upgrade on the ///M
    3. alexandre - suspension overhaul/refresh

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast