Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sprint Booster V2

Found this on eBay. Sprint Booster Version II with the Mode button. There isn't a model number listed but it looks like the one for a Manual. Get it before its gone! It's at $100 and shipping is $5.70.

Sprint Booster V2 on eBay
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

and it wont work for automatic? i want my cheap SB, lol..

thanks for the link... let me know if you find one for automatic... thanks again..

"Lapit mga kaibigan at makinig kayo, ako'y may dala-dalang balita galing sa bayan ko
    Nais kong ipamahagi ang mga kwento at mga pangyayaring nagaganap sa lupang ipinangako..."

jayjay,

I PM'd the guy selling this and he told me it was for an auto. Just so you know. Here's his response:

Have at it my friend!!!

~Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay_dee View Post
    and it wont work for automatic? i want my cheap SB, lol..

thanks for the link... let me know if you find one for automatic... thanks again..
    Read this...

Funnily enough, they are cross-suitable. The Auto version simply is less sensitive than the manual version as there is no clutch control element to help you keep it under control.
    However, the manufacture recommends fitting an auto SB to a manual car for any driver who finds the manual SB on a manual car a bit too crazy.
    I have done the opposite and fitted a manual SB to my auto. I am used to SB's on my BMW's so I have no issue with controlling it. Alot of people have done the same with BMW's and Mercs from whai i have seen on other forums.
    I have never tried an auto SB, but from what the manufacturers themselves claim,(or at least what I read a few years ago on their website) the auto version just gives less of an increase in sensitivity than the manual version.I guess this may translate to a slower reaction, or maybe not. What I do know is that the SB is quite a simple device, and so it is very hard to imagine it being "clever" enough to do anything other than alter the response time of the throttle.

It doesn't stop the box from changing at its set point, but as you know, our autos change later in the rev range the harder you are accelerating. So if you keep a light foot you will shift early and if you press hard you will change later. The SB doesn't change this (it can't) but as you are more likely to be under harder acceleration for less pedal travel with the SB, you will notice your shifts do come in later. I have no problem though - when I don't want to drive fast I simply don't push the pedal as much as did without the SB and it shifts as normal, just with a quicker initial response.
    In short, I absolutely love it. The car feels like a beast when I floor it and like normal when being light footed.

Sprint Booster- Is it the right one?

Interesting....

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Charlie and Gary, thanks for the info...

"Lapit mga kaibigan at makinig kayo, ako'y may dala-dalang balita galing sa bayan ko
    Nais kong ipamahagi ang mga kwento at mga pangyayaring nagaganap sa lupang ipinangako..."

No Prob...

I paid $175 for my SB and that's half price. Hopefully someone snags this sucker and gets a good deal.

Gary, just read through the link you posted. Today was the first time I've heard of a Sprint Booster (where have I been all these years?) but needless to say it's now on my ZHP wishlist!

Anthony | 2003 330i 6MT TiAg

Mods: Sharked / 3.46 Diff / K&N Intake / Orion V2 Opaques / UUC Shift Knob
    Recent Maintenance: Cleaned MAF, DISA, ICV, TB / Sunroof fix / Taillight Recall Fix
    ToDo: VANOS seals / New Rear Tires / OEM Alarm / Coby Rewrap / Sprint Booster

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    No Prob...

I paid $175 for my SB and that's half price. Hopefully someone snags this sucker and gets a good deal.
    I already placed my bid...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast