Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Anytime I've done my brakes and flushed the system, I didn't cycle ABS. The amount is so minute, it just isnt worth it to go through the coding to activate them.

Oddly, when I did the brakes on my 128i and Z4, I needed to bleed the system. I did have a soft pedal...probably compressing the piston created air within the system or something.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Anytime I've done my brakes and flushed the system, I didn't cycle ABS. The amount is so minute, it just isnt worth it to go through the coding to activate them.

Oddly, when I did the brakes on my 128i and Z4, I needed to bleed the system. I did have a soft pedal...probably compressing the piston created air within the system or something.
    +1

Samsung Galaxy S5...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I know that replacing the brake lines are what led air into the system, and I can tell that there is definitely a small amount of air still in the system. I did take my car for a little drive after work. Got DSC to kick on multiple times and verified my ABS system is working. (When you trigger ABS the DSC light doesn't flicker right?). I want to say the pedal feels slightly better but I'm not sure if its in my head or not.

Either way having a squishy pedal is like waking up one morning and your right leg is all of a sudden 3/4 of an inch shorter than the left leg. It just doesn't feel right.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Hey Rob.... I replied to your PM, hopefully your indy can help, or you can get the car to a dealer for an accurate bleed. I laid out my bleed method to you step by step, and hopefully it helps. I had a MUCH better experience doing the brakes on this car than I did on the last one..

Good luck buddy and drive safe... Brakes are of course important!
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    Hey Rob.... I replied to your PM, hopefully your indy can help, or you can get the car to a dealer for an accurate bleed. I laid out my bleed method to you step by step, and hopefully it helps. I had a MUCH better experience doing the brakes on this car than I did on the last one..

Good luck buddy and drive safe... Brakes are of course important!
    Replied back. Thanks Jon!
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234