Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

My autocross vid from the BMW Performance Center.

The autocross was held by the Sandlapper Chapter of BMW CCA at the BMW Performance Center on November 18th. It's a 1.2mile mid-speed course. I've done "normal" autocrosses, and this was much different. My fastest time was 1:42:xx on my all season tires. There were 3 ZHPs there and they were running ~1:35:xx on their summer/high performance tires. The fastest time was ~1:25:xx in the 1M by a Performance Center Instructor.

Enjoy.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

That was awesome!!!!!!!
    - Marc

Any raw video straight from your car?

Hard to judge lines and can't hear the tires with the music

And BTW - I love that place.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    That was awesome!!!!!!!
    Thanks! It was a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Any raw video straight from your car?

Hard to judge lines and can't hear the tires with the music

And BTW - I love that place.
    I don't have any loaded on the youtubes, but I'll try to get one up. I never really had that "perfect" lap. There were times I'd improve in one area, and "de-prove" in another. I was impressed with my lines, although I know I could have cut them closer. Just didn't want to hit a cone, for my bumper's sake. Not a whole lot of tire squealing, guess I wan't going fast enough. And one final perturbation, before every "gate" I'd hit the rev limiter too soon in 2nd, and too late to shift to 3rd. Never got that sorted out with myself, and I know I lost of a lot of time there. And coming over the hill, I was scared of catching air and losing control.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    I don't have any loaded on the youtubes, but I'll try to get one up. I never really had that "perfect" lap. There were times I'd improve in one area, and "de-prove" in another. I was impressed with my lines, although I know I could have cut them closer. Just didn't want to hit a cone, for my bumper's sake. Not a whole lot of tire squealing, guess I wan't going fast enough. And one final perturbation, before every "gate" I'd hit the rev limiter too soon in 2nd, and too late to shift to 3rd. Never got that sorted out with myself, and I know I lost of a lot of time there. And coming over the hill, I was scared of catching air and losing control.
    Usually on a faster course like that (I've only been on a couple where they were on huge lands like an airport)...but I usually short shifted into 3rd to gain the extra torque in the lower powerband. Food for thought.

There is certainly a lot of elevation changes on that course, I put the 1M sideways on a hill change (although it wasn't the corkscrew) it is very easy to make the car light.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

I'm loading videos now. Please check back and give me more advice. Be harsh, I can handle it. Sort-a. Technically this was my 3rd autocross. But this course was much like my "driving in Mexico" excursions, though more daring on the course.

This was my first times run. I lost control in the bottom end. I about did it again later, but put my foot back into the gas and straightened her right back out. So I did learn something that day!

I can't remember the order of the rest of the videos but here they are, unedited:

Ry just saw your vid.....so awesome you got to do that!!! All I can say is someday.....with my ///M

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Ry just saw your vid.....so awesome you got to do that!!! All I can say is someday.....with my ///M
    Gotta be a Sandlapper Chapter member to drive your own car. One day though. I keep saying it, but I really can't wait for you to move down! All I've got to do is convince Rob and Kristen to do the same. I'd try to convince Botond, be we all know he's too stubborn!

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    Gotta be a Sandlapper Chapter member to drive your own car. One day though. I keep saying it, but I really can't wait for you to move down! All I've got to do is convince Rob and Kristen to do the same. I'd try to convince Botond, be we all know he's too stubborn!
    Now wouldn't that be awesome!!! Botond will most likely join us eventually.....just because he needs my detailing services... He would also have a blast a the Performance Center

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast