Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 328ioc View Post
    Yeah my only concern was rubbing anyway should have stated that. Plus our speedos are already off from the factory anyway.
    Are you not familiar with the atrocious ZHP rim offsets? You're not going to rub with 265's. But I wouldn't advise 265's anyways for bulge. Get 245's if you don't want the normal 255's.

255's are said to be the widest tires you can fit on an 8.5" rim..

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    Are you not familiar with the atrocious ZHP rim offsets? You're not going to rub with 265's. But I wouldn't advise 265's anyways for bulge. Get 245's if you don't want the normal 255's.

255's are said to be the widest tires you can fit on an 8.5" rim..
    Thanks I am now. lol

But it looks like Tire rack has them in stock so I should be able to get the 255's
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Devlin,

I've been running Hankook Ventus V-12 EVOs on my ///M for the past two years and am now looking at replacing my rear sets. They have performed exceptionally well and I would use these again...

I checked pricing for these at discount tire direct and the front set 225/40s are currently at $147.00 ea.
    http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/hankook/size/viewProductDetail.do?ra=%2Ftires%2Fhankook%2Fsize% 2FviewProductResults&pc=11394&ar=40&rd=18&cs=225

the rear 255/35's are currently at $197.00 ea.
    http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/hankook/size/viewProductDetail.do?ra=%2Ftires%2Fhankook%2Fsize% 2FviewProductResults&pc=11405&ar=35&rd=18&cs=255

Just putting this out...

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    I don't think you would have any problem running the 265/35 out back. You're talking 10mm... Not that much...
    On a 8.5" 10mm makes a huge difference. When you get to that point, you need to factor in tire squirm as well as sidewall deflection.

There are multiple studies shown that trying to fit the biggest tire on a wheel results in less optimal performance. This is why I'm only running 265 when I can easily fit 275s

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Devlin,

I've been running Hankook Ventus V-12 EVOs on my ///M for the past two years and am now looking at replacing my rear sets. They have performed exceptionally well and I would use these again...

I checked pricing for these at discount tire direct and the front set 225/40s are currently at $147.00 ea.
    http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/hankook/size/viewProductDetail.do?ra=%2Ftires%2Fhankook%2Fsize% 2FviewProductResults&pc=11394&ar=40&rd=18&cs=225

the rear 255/35's are currently at $197.00 ea.
    http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/hankook/size/viewProductDetail.do?ra=%2Ftires%2Fhankook%2Fsize% 2FviewProductResults&pc=11405&ar=35&rd=18&cs=255

Just putting this out...
    +1 on the V12s. I ran them on my E46 and will be running them soon on the M as DD tires.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

+1 on the V12 Evos. They are cheap and perform quite well, but are not for winter use. I don't see any reason to put no-seasons on your car anyway, unless you take road trips up north during the winter.

I was going to go with the v12's as every one down here runs them but I do take occasional trips up north during the winter and the last time I did that on summers my E36 ended up on the side of 95 on a ditch because I had absolutely no traction.

This is really the only reason I want to go with all seasons.

Plus even though this is Florida I do still get freezing temps (I have seen it snow here) or at least very close to them on the rare occasion.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete

I'm getting new tires in the next week or so and I will probably go with the contour dws or Michelin pilot sports. Leaning towards the pilot sports right now because I live Michelin tires.

I have a question about rims though. I have stock 135 rims and continue tires on them now. Everyone here says that the zhp has a staggered setup and the rear rims are 18x5.

Tire rack doesn't recognize this when I look for tires. The option for oe tires says they fit on 18inch rims not 18x5. (in the rear).

I went outside to I investigate and measured both front and rear rims at 19.5 from top to bottom of rim. (not including the tire) obviously this isn't the proper way to measure rim size, but if the rears were in fact bigger, wouldn't the measurements differ?

The tires in the rear are obviously wider (you can an visually tell).

So I'm obviously missing something here.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Tire rack does have an option for the 330i with Performance package its in the drop down menu.

Standard ZHP rims should be 18x8" in front and 18x8.5" in back. Measuring the externally visible lip of the rim would give you bigger numbers.

nike001 Guest
    TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    My Hankook's were/are alright. I get some tire pull and they're not as good as my old Pirelli's were.. but definitely adequate.

I aspire for some Michelin's all around next summer, as I already have a set of Michelin's out back since my rear Hankooks wore out faster than the fronts

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast