Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dice Media Mic issues

So as I assumed might happen I am having issues with reception of the mic for my media bridge.

Currently I have it mounted in the stock location which is great cosmetically but functionality is not very good.

One idea I had was to wire an OEM Mic up to the dice wiring. Any one who is experienced in electronics see a problem with this?

Given I will get an OEM plug or just cut the one out that is already in my headliner.

Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

I too would be interesting in this. I was thinking of upgrading my DICE Silverline Duo to the Media bridge and I have an OEM mic. I wanted to entertain the same exact idea! I would get an OEM plug to splice into the DICE wiring. That way your OEM mic will still have a connector. :D

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I too would be interesting in this. I was thinking of upgrading my DICE Silverline Duo to the Media bridge and I have an OEM mic. I wanted to entertain the same exact idea! I would get an OEM plug to splice into the DICE wiring. That way your OEM mic will still have a connector. :D
    Yep I do planning on the OEM plug. I'm gonna talk to my Indy to see if he has an OEM mic lying around so I can at least test proof of concept.

Btw so far I totally recommend the media bridge if you do choose to upgrade.

2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete

Interested in upgrading mine as well, and using the OEM mic. Let us know what you find out. With my old one, you could choose to control it via the ipod or the car stereo, does this have that feature?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Interested in upgrading mine as well, and using the OEM mic. Let us know what you find out. With my old one, you could choose to control it via the ipod or the car stereo, does this have that feature?
    Yep I can control it from both. even the steering wheel.

Just found an OEM mic on eBay that comes with the plug and some of the wiring from the vehicles side of things so it should be an easy install.

Will report back.

What kind of plug does the BMW mic have? I have the parrot kit, and am having trouble with my mic reception in the stock location. It has a 1/8" mini jack.

Thanks

Its a proprietary bmw plug. I will try and snap a pic in the day light tomorrow.

Ok, just got my OEM Mic in the mail.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1354982864460.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  31.3 KB

It has a bit of the oem wiring as well as the oem plug.

Now comes the part where I need assistance from some people with wiring experience. I have no problem doing the actual wiring but what I want to figure out is what each wire is before I start cutting things up.

Currently the mic has 2 black and 1 yellow wire coming out of it.

I will consult the good book of Bentley and report back.

Ok, here is the diagram that I found in the Bentley but it looks like it only shows 2 wires going into the mic not 3.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1354983693332.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  38.1 KB
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1354983737601.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  38.9 KB

Very interested in how this works out! Keep us posted! (Sorry I'm not much help though!)

opcorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast