Hi!

Okay, so Madison, Wisconsin isn't in the Arctic; nor is it tundra--more like terminal moraine--but it's 13ºF at midday, sunny and snow-covered. Close enough, IMHO. And it captures the mood SOOOO much better than "Greetings from the Snowy Midwest", too!

I'm new to the forum, but I've had my 2005 ZHP sedan for just over two years now (ever since that van T-boned my e46 325iT at 35mph), and my only complaints are a) it's an automatic (with a toddler in tow, this is not always the liability it seems); b) it's not a wagon (great for hauling greyhounds and groceries, and better sightlines). That being said, the ZHP puts my old wagon to shame in the torque and handling departments, and the engine rumble is just plain sexy!

Something it is about BMW roundel gracing the lines of a finely-tuned German automobile that gives me pause, but I've finally built up the nerve to start doing general maintenance on the ZHP. So far, I've done oil, plugs, and air filters. Brakes, fuel filter, and differential oil are on my shortlist, followed soon by a complete cooling system overhaul. The last three make me nervous, but there's nothing like diving in to a DIY project for enhancing ones self-esteem, and protecting ones meagre checking balance. (Don't get me wrong; I <3 my BMW dealership, but $120 for an oil change? Ouch! ) The oil change taught me that long hair and creepers just don't get along very well (my HeadGator solved that problem). Nitrile gloves are a must for those of us that need to keep our hands clean and cut-free for work (I learned that working on bikes, motorized and otherwise).

Anyway, about me:

Likes: Bimmers, road bikes, mountain bikes, greyhounds, good books, jazz records, creative cooking, good wine and beer, foreign languages, science, public radio, arthouse movies, and anything else that piques my interest (there's a lot).

Loves: My spouse, my daughter, my hounds.

Dislikes: Chauvinists of any stripe

Profession: Critical care RN

Enough said?