Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Coolant Snitch hits the market.

I know many of you were invlolved with the thread regarding this product. I don't remember any news saying it was available for sale. Well....it is.

http://www.zhpregistry.net/Tech/CoolantSnitch.aspx

Peace.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Installation directions look pretty good too.

Sweet. I'm putting that on my wish list. When they come out with one for my DME version, I'm on it.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

So this better than a water/coolant temperature gauge because the readout is in the dash and because it warns you when it gets to a certain temperature?
    - Marc

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    So this better than a water/coolant temperature gauge because the readout is in the dash and because it warns you when it gets to a certain temperature?
    IIRC, the temp guage is on a delay. And doesn't change position if the temperature is w/in the parameters.

I could see this more for track use than a DD...but it definiely looks like a solid product!

RootedDROIDXstatus. Come at me, bro.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

I meant an actual gauge and not the stock one - one that actually tells you temperature.
    - Marc

Basically, the device is constantly monitoring coolant temperature in the block (same as the ECU monitors) and when it almost reaches the point of the factory gauge moving it will 'sound the alarm' and warn you. The benefit to this is that even if the car starts overheating very quickly, you will know right away as opposed to knowing in a delayed manner from the stock temp. Gauge or just not noticing it. It's basically an overheating fail-safe. I purchased one a few months ago and have been running it since with absolutely no issues. Install is easy (takes about 30 minutes) and there's a way to test to make sure it's working. I've thought long and hard about it and it just wouldn't be easy to install an aftermarket gauge. Also, this is hidden so it still looks factory which is nice. For the $85 to save your $3500 engine I think it's a worthwhile investment.

My Project Thread
    Register Your ZHP | CoolantSnitch

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

8. Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    Installation directions look pretty good too.
    Pretty much all credit should go to a fellow member on this forum (MasterC17) who was kind enough to not only document his work step by step but also allow me to use it as basis for the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by static667 View Post
    Sweet. I'm putting that on my wish list. When they come out with one for my DME version, I'm on it.
    MS43 testing is nearing completion, should have positive results in the next week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    The temp readout is part of the car's dash, this device does not add digital readouts, it is simply an alarm so that the driver notices that something is not normal. Given the unusual rate at which E46 owners have overheated the car, advance warning seems appropriate.
    ZHP Registry - stats and free classifieds.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPRegistry.net View Post
    MS43 testing is nearing completion, should have positive results in the next week or two.
    Looking forward to the results.

DME: MS43, Model: E46 325Xi, Production: All

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    I'm wondering if one would be able to hear that beeping with the windows down at the track. I think I'd have a hard time hearing it with all the wind noise, nevermind if I get an aftermarket exhaust. Haven't heard it in person; can anyone attest to just how loud it is at about 100mph, windows down, revving about 6k??? (Could someone please test it? lol)
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast