Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'd say go gloss black. I also happen to be a big fan of painting the outer grille the body color. This especially looks good on imola red and blue.

IMO:
    Matte-E36
    Gloss-E46
    2006 MINI Cooper S SOLD
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-MINI-Cooper-S
    2006 ZHP 330CiC

I have Kkoalty gloss grills and love them. The car should have come with black gloss from the factory. But I also think it should have come with an S54.

Quote Originally Posted by imola red zhp View Post
    Does anyone still use a BRA? I have one upper and lower....I don't use it though
    I quit using them in 1989, like most everyone else. My ZHP had the Clear Bra on it.

It also had the matte Khoalty grills and I liked how they looked.

I have bought my zhp and the previous owner had installed matte black grills. However to me they look faded for some reason so I was planning on getting gloss black grills.

Now the question is should I get BMW performance grills or the ones from khoalty?

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Pics or bullshit.
    thar she blows on the garage floor, just for you DW!

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

LOL John & Dane. Well played, Mr. Rando. Glad to be back btw.

Thanks for the responses, everybody. Really appreciate the insight. I suppose the 'ultimate' would be a SATIN finish grille

I'm going to have our local dealer drop off a couple of the Performance Grilles so i can touch/feel/see. The problem is, once something becomes tangible I will just buy it, haha. Here's another thought on matte, if you've neglected the bumper trim strips (considering you've got a sedan), then the matte grills will match better. However, if you're on top of them (ie, using back to black, black wow, etc.) then the Performance black gloss grilles may be the better option. So from the standpoint of building motivation to detail the car more often, the BMW Perf gloss grilles may be the way to go, haha.

-Terry

Go with Gloss Black.....The gloss is already the trim around your windows.....Matte wont match up well other than color....Matte great on M3's as it matches window trim

Another blast from the past. Hey Gary!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

If you have black splitters get the matte.

I actually prefer chrome grills on most colors now- but I think the gloss will look better on Imola if you're set on black.
    - Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Here's another thought on matte, if you've neglected the bumper trim strips (considering you've got a sedan), then the matte grills will match better. However, if you're on top of them (ie, using back to black, black wow, etc.) then the Performance black gloss grilles may be the better option. So from the standpoint of building motivation to detail the car more often, the BMW Perf gloss grilles may be the way to go, haha.
    Good point, but I think most guys here don't need any more OCD detailing motivation!!

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast