Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Random elec. questions...

Hoping I can clear up some "issues" regarding the auto-leveling headlights and side mirrors.

Does the auto-level feature do its up and down "check" everytime the lights are turned on? Currently it does it every now and then.

The side mirros moving down by themselves when putting into reverse. Is it supposed to go down everytime? and both mirrors? Seems kind of dumb to ask but I noticed the pass side mirror going down the other night. I didn't know this feature was available/on my car.

One other thing. The trunk-pop button in the car....what is the easiest way to troubleshoot it? Right now it does nothing when I push it.

Thanks....

The auto check only happens when the car has been off for an extended period of time. Mine doesn't work anymore but back then, they would only move up and down if I left it outside for work or on a hill.
    The mirrors moving down doesn't happen on mine.
    No idea about the trunk button. Maybe use the button on the key and see if something's obstructing it?

+1 on auto-level check: only on startup after being off for some threshold amount of time.

The passenger mirror dip is deactivated if you have the mirror select switch on the passenger mirror; only when you have the driver mirror selected will the passenger mirror dip on reverse.

And I have no idea about your trunk release button.

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar06 View Post
    The side mirros moving down by themselves when putting into reverse. Is it supposed to go down everytime? and both mirrors? Seems kind of dumb to ask but I noticed the pass side mirror going down the other night. I didn't know this feature was available/on my car.
    The passenger side mirror goes down to help you see where your rear wheel is in relation to other things (ie. a curb)

Flip your mirror adjuster selector thing from the drivers side to the passengers side to stop it from going down when you put the car in reverse.

Make sure your trunk's lock cylinder is in the vertical position... or horizontal, I cannot remember. When the lock is left one way, the ONLY way to open the trunk is either physically with the key or with the button on the remote. When left in the other position, then the trunk pop button in the car will work. It's called valet mode, or something. The idea is, when left in valet mode, and if the valet service is given the actual valet key, they will not be able to get into the trunk for any reason, and the valet key only operates the ignition.

As for the auto-level, the only time I have seen my lights NOT do the check is if I happen to have the switch in the On position when I start the car. Or if I have activated the "follow me home" feature where the headlights are turned on by pulling back on the left stalk briefly when the car is off, then tried starting the car.

Follow me home feature? Thats a new one for me.

Also +1 One about the leveling and the mirror.

I also agree with what has been said about the trunk lock but I have never tried it for sure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

I know for a fact about the trunk lock. I regularly leave it in the horizontal position (again, I think it's horizontal) so that the trunk will ONLY open with the key, not with the trunk pop button inside, nor with the trunk lid button when the doors are unlocked. The only time this is a bit of a pain is if I am driving and have a passenger and they need to get into the trunk when I arrive/drop them off, I have to turn the car off and take the key out of the ignition so I can then pop the trunk with the remote.

I believe the manual actually calls it "follow you home". If the car is off, if I "flash" the high beams, the HID lights kick on for I believe about 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by telijah View Post
    I know for a fact about the trunk lock. I regularly leave it in the horizontal position (again, I think it's horizontal) so that the trunk will ONLY open with the key, not with the trunk pop button inside, nor with the trunk lid button when the doors are unlocked. The only time this is a bit of a pain is if I am driving and have a passenger and they need to get into the trunk when I arrive/drop them off, I have to turn the car off and take the key out of the ignition so I can then pop the trunk with the remote.

I believe the manual actually calls it "follow you home". If the car is off, if I "flash" the high beams, the HID lights kick on for I believe about 2 minutes.
    Oh nice and my e36 did something similar with the trunk. So I trusted you lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Cool....thanks for the info fellas.

I don't mind the mirrors going down. I try to leave the mirror selector in the middle so I guess it may do it intermittently right now. I will mess around with all this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomar06 View Post
    Cool....thanks for the info fellas.

I don't mind the mirrors going down. I try to leave the mirror selector in the middle so I guess it may do it intermittently right now. I will mess around with all this soon.
    Well that may be part of the problem...I do not think there is an actual "middle" stop point on the mirror selector lol. I thought it was only left and right. As mentioned though, if left on the driver-side, it will, or should, turn the passenger mirror down any time you're in reverse ("curb check" view). If left on the passenger-side, going into reverse does nothing for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast