Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wheel wrap options

I know several people including Dane who have bought wheel rewraps for their car. Since mine is not a zhp im not looking into alacantra. Was just curious if anyone has any recommendations on a quality replacement. I've looked into wheelskins before and was just curious what anyones experience with them have been. Also curious about the perforated leather option or if I would be better off sticking to just the normal.
    Thanks fellas

Here's a link to their website.
    http://www.wheelskins.com/

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

'01 330i

I love mu Euro Perf wheelskin.

Cobywheel is the way to go if you have the money and time. I did not...but was satisfied.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I love mu Euro Perf wheelskin.

Cobywheel is the way to go if you have the money and time. I did not...but was satisfied.
    It doesn't look like coby carries leather just alcantara.

As far as wheel skins im hesitant to get two tone so I was just going to get a standard black.

Is the look of the leather mostly the benefit with perforated or is it supposed to enhance grip?

'01 330i

Someone posted a redo leather wheel they got off ebay, it's a leather tri-stitch beauty, but it's around $300 for the whole wheel, not just a re-wrap.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Naaa....just aesthetics. I think it looks sportier.

Colby = No Alcantara.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yeah I can't afford 300 bones...im thinking the wheel skins is looking like the best option...should I measure the wheel myself or are they pretty spot on as far as how big it needs to be with diameter?

'01 330i

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerWill View Post
    Yeah I can't afford 300 bones...im thinking the wheel skins is looking like the best option...should I measure the wheel myself or are they pretty spot on as far as how big it needs to be with diameter?

I had to measure mine because its an ///M3 wheel. I don't think you have to for regular wheel.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Naaa....just aesthetics. I think it looks sportier.

The perforated portion of the leather wheel is actually quite a bit grippier than the non-perf section. FYI
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

I think the standard one will do just fine.

Also going to go ahead and recondition my leather.
    http://www.autogeek.net/le32ozkit.html
    Ive heard good things about the leatherique product so i'm going to give it a shot. Does this look about the best price and quantity ill need? My seats are pretty bad but hopefully not beyond restoration. I cant afford another 16 oz bottle of both of them so im hoping these two will be enough.

edit: looks like the kit is cheaper here including shipping with a promo code
    http://www.autopia-carcare.com/leath...-kit-32oz.html

'01 330i

These are Wheelskinz cross lace wrap right after install before the leather molds around the wheel and eliminate the wrinkles.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast