Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

LED vs RCR Tails

Well, as you know, I'm rebuilding my car. I'm not a huge fan of doing modifications twice. I currently have DEPO RCR's, and the smaller pieces are obviously darker than the larger ones. I don't like that. Could I get some input on the reliability of DEPO led tails(both RCR and M3 style) vs the cost of OEM RCR's? I can't find them often, and they are a pretty penny.

Also, what is a "good" price for OEM RCR's?

Once I decide, I just want to sell my other sets of tails.

I had eagle eyes, and never had an issue. I may have been lucky though. I'm going with euro cleats from TMS, someday.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I have the Euro clear package (RCR) from Turner Motorsports and I love them. Perfect fitment, no issues with moisture, very good looking. I'd recommend that, I'm not a fan of LED tails...
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Woah, $400. Going to delay that for a tad bit, then. I think I'm just going to sell my DEPO set of clears and go back to amber, just need to find a set of OEM amber corners to finish it off.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I had eagle eyes, and never had an issue. I may have been lucky though. I'm going with euro cleats from TMS, someday.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Why did you get rid of them? Don't like the look? I'm kinda leaning towards RCR as well, but they are not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    Why did you get rid of them? Don't like the look? I'm kinda leaning towards RCR as well, but they are not cheap.
    I believe Dane had them on his old TiAg, which is totaled.

IMO, I love both styles, but LED's just look so damn sexy on my black sedan. Not to mention they are CRAZY bright.

I have the eagle eye brand as well, no problems thus far.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post

IMO, I love both styles, but LED's just look so damn sexy on my black sedan. Not to mention they are CRAZY bright.

Are they the M3 style or are they RCR style with LED? I'm just mad that the trunk lights are darker than the body lights. =( Do you have that issue with Eagle Eyes?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    In the market for an E90 M3

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post

This.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    Are they the M3 style or are they RCR style with LED? I'm just mad that the trunk lights are darker than the body lights. =( Do you have that issue with Eagle Eyes?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm running Eagle Eyes on my ZHP...second BMW sedan to have Eagle Eyes...never had an issue with them

Its a preference thing...some love Eagle Eyes, and sone love RCR's, then there are some who love OE's....

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I'm running Eagle Eyes on my ZHP...second BMW sedan to have Eagle Eyes...never had an issue with them

Its a preference thing...some love Eagle Eyes, and sone love RCR's, then there are some who love OE's....
    I'm assuming your eagle eyes are M3 style?

Sent from the grave. They have Wi-Fi down here.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast