Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Yesterday I got rid of my EE LED tails. I had them for 2 years and for the last few months they have been shorting out and not working properly.

I really wanted the RCR look, so I bought some DEPO lenses from Khoalty. I noticed that that insides were darker than the outsides as well. It bothers me, but not as much as the huge DEPO stamp on them. I will be saving my money for something better, either from Turner or OEM if I can find them.

Now I have to find an amber bulb for the blinker in my stock housing. Search bar time...
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

I think Turner sells oem. Almost all rcr lights that are aftermarket are DEPO. Going to be the same wherever you buy them.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    In the market for an E90 M3

Question: I pulled out a clear 7506 bulb from the blinker portion of my stock tails. I need it to be an amber bulb (no interest in stealth bulbs, sorry) and it looks like the only amber bulb I can find is a 7507. All of the 7506 bulbs are clear. My initial thought was that the only difference was the color, but when comparing the bottoms, the mounting nipples seem to be a couple degrees different. Will an amber 7507 fit? What do people normally do when they replace their stock RAR tails with RCR tails, and keep the stock guts?

I'm sorry if this is a thread jack.. I'm way out of practice
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH

Quote Originally Posted by pyreguy View Post
    Question: I pulled out a clear 7506 bulb from the blinker portion of my stock tails. I need it to be an amber bulb (no interest in stealth bulbs, sorry) and it looks like the only amber bulb I can find is a 7507. All of the 7506 bulbs are clear. My initial thought was that the only difference was the color, but when comparing the bottoms, the mounting nipples seem to be a couple degrees different. Will an amber 7507 fit? What do people normally do when they replace their stock RAR tails with RCR tails, and keep the stock guts?

I'm sorry if this is a thread jack.. I'm way out of practice
    Yes, it takes some finagling but the 7507's will work. I have them currently installed on mine. I installed mine after failing my last inspection for having clears, then left them in. Egg yoke is negligible imho.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

You're the man Dane, thanks! What kind of finagling am I in store for?
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH

You're the man Dane, thanks! What kind of finagling am I in store for?
    You've got to start it a bit "cocked" (to counter the angle not being exactly correct) then seat it from there.

You'll figure it out.

Sent from the HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA and USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks again. For the record, I'm very glad to have RCRs installed. I like the way it looks so much better than the LEDs. I will post some pics soon.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH

Done and done...

Pics as promised. This is the halfway point:

I got all ADD about the install and didn't do it in order, so the halfway point was all mismatched.

Final result, with amber bulbs for the turn signals:

I like this much better

edit: I did this in between huge rain storms.. so my car won't get washed again until Tuesday at the earliest. I feel like I need to mention that since fingerprints are clearly visible where I opened my trunk for the install....:P
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH

Done and done...

Pics as promised. This is the halfway point:

I got all ADD about the install and didn't do it in order, so the halfway point was all mismatched.

Final result, with amber bulbs for the turn signals:

I like this much better

edit: I did this in between huge rain storms.. so my car won't get washed again until Tuesday at the earliest. I feel like I need to mention that since fingerprints are clearly visible where I opened my trunk for the install....:P
    Good to see you are still interested in making your ride sick as ever, Lance. Don't be a stranger.

Sent from my yet to be hacked GS3.
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Quote Originally Posted by static667 View Post
    Good to see you are still interested in making your ride sick as ever, Lance. Don't be a stranger.

Sent from my yet to be hacked GS3.
    +1. But, pics are gone now.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast