Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BMW E46 330 ZHP SRS Airbag Issue

Just met up with Johnmadd....member here. OBTW....so awesome knowing someone from the site....wrench turner...and lives about 4 miles down the road.

Anyway....his SRS airbag light came in while driving. I read the code as Table 04.....with an "FO" code. The "FO" correlates to an "internal error" Anyone seen this one before because its knew to me.

I recommended that he do the "unplug the battery for 30 minutes" to try and reboot the system.

We will see how it turns out.

If anyone has any other idea's or insight.....that would be great.

I am going to post my history from my reader here...so you can see the most prevalent codes.

NOTE....there is an "FO" code below...and on a ZHP....very interesting. May be able to get a hold of this guy to see what he did to fix/clear the issue.

History

From the manual
    Last edited by danewilson77; 01-21-2011 at 04:28 PM.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

From what I've been able to dig up, it's a control unit fault.

Still digging...
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    From what I've been able to dig up, it's a control unit fault.

Still digging...
    I hope its not the airbag ecm, but that was the first thing that came to mind when that code was read.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    I hope its not the airbag ecm, but that was the first thing that came to mind when that code was read.
    Yeah-- really having a tough time finding any useful info for you. The only positive thing is that I keep reading that control unit failures are very rare...
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Just met up with Johnmadd....member here. OBTW....so awesome knowing someone from the site....wrench turner...and lives about 4 miles down the road.

Anyway....his SRS airbag light came in while driving. I read the code as Table 04.....with an "FO" code. The "FO" correlates to an "internal error" Anyone seen this one before because its knew to me.
    I recommended that he do the "unplug the battery for 30 minutes" to try and reboot the system.

We will see how it turns out.

If anyone has any other idea's or insight.....that would be great.

I am going to post my history from my reader here...so you can see the most prevalent codes.

NOTE....there is an "FO" code below...and on a ZHP....very interesting. May be able to get a hold of this guy to see what he did to fix/clear the issue.

History

From the manual
    Thanks for the help Dane, I hope I can help you someday in the future, and yes it is cool to know someone else from the site that loves bimmers as much as me just lives down the road. I noticed the 03 zhp on your list with the same code just a couple minutes ago, sure hope that dude responds.

I actually have piece 4 sitting on my computer right now. It looks plug and play to me...which I think would be worth a shot.....

Lets hope it isnt that control unit.....that I prolly threw out.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...65&fg=65&hl=23

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Yeah-- really having a tough time finding any useful info for you. The only positive thing is that I keep reading that control unit failures are very rare...
    Thanks for your research, I always remember somebody that is helpful and friendly.I don't think a rare problem is really a positive thing though because there is less knowledge with something rare.

Try switching out the sensor I have above. Take us like 5 minutes.

Thanks for your research, I always remember somebody that is helpful and friendly.I don't think a rare problem is really a positive thing though because there is less knowledge with something rare.
    I did read something about a 15$ harness with the yellow plug going bad, something about the old one builds up resistance over time.

Thanks for your research, I always remember somebody that is helpful and friendly.
    Sure thing, man.

You've got DW. He's a problem solver extraordinaire. You'll get it worked out.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast