Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

back from the body shop

A few weeks ago while visiting SoCal, a young miscreant in a giant Chevy pickup rear-ended me when a traffic light turned green, and I stalled it coming out of the hole (yeah, lame). He saw the light change but apparently didn't bother to be sure nothing was in his path. I'd estimate the impact at a good 10 mph, it was quite a smack. Damage pics...

The repair looks fantastic. New trunk lid, bumper cover, and taillights (both were cracked where the lenses join the housings), all new OEM parts, and the obvious metal work below the trunk lid, and paint. Total came to just over $3800. But the guy's work is impeccable. If anyone in the Phoenix area needs body work, this guy is in Mesa and gets my 25-star endorsement. He fixed my GF's Jetta with similar damage a couple of years ago and did stellar work on her car too, hence I was quick to seek him out when needed. Here's the "after" shots...

The rat bastard is claiming that I backed or rolled into him, so my insurance company (State Farm) is going after his (Mercury - arrgh!) for payment. I'm out the deductible in the meantime, as well as my insurer footing the bill. If they don't pay up, I'll sue the JAMF in small claims court, and will almost certainly prevail - and will also go after lost time from work, travel to CA to the court case, etc. But the good news is the car is back, and I'm VERY happy with the repair results.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

. Looks normal, which is the point i guess. Good luck with the insurance.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

That is great looking.

Looks great.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Glad you got the car back and looking good. BTW, no reasonable person is going to believe you backed into him. Even if you did, they won't believe it w/o proof. It's always the person in the back's fault.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Dishonest asshat.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    A few weeks ago while visiting SoCal, a young miscreant in a giant Chevy pickup rear-ended me when a traffic light turned green, and I stalled it coming out of the hole (yeah, lame). He saw the light change but apparently didn't bother to be sure nothing was in his path. I'd estimate the impact at a good 10 mph, it was quite a smack. Damage pics...

The rat bastard is claiming that I backed or rolled into him, so my insurance company (State Farm) is going after his (Mercury - arrgh!) for payment. I'm out the deductible in the meantime, as well as my insurer footing the bill. If they don't pay up, I'll sue the JAMF in small claims court, and will almost certainly prevail - and will also go after lost time from work, travel to CA to the court case, etc. But the good news is the car is back, and I'm VERY happy with the repair results.
    Yeah....looking at the damage....what a douche....hope he gets nailed! I hate it when people rear end you and then have the nerve to say that you backed up into them....like you are going to take your beloved BMW and do that on purpose.....yeah.....right....

Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post

Hope everything works out for you! BTW, ZHP looks perfect!