Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Ugh. Lots of discussion on this one. Many claim the 4k dip will only go away by sending the DME to New Jersey. Others claim to have fixed the 4k dip with the GAS DISA rebuild. Some have even said the dealer update fixed it. I'm still unsure.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...light=conforti
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Your symptoms sound like a textbook case of the 2,800rpm hesitation. My car has had this since I've owned it; I finally had the dealers update my DME on Monday and I can confirm that the simple dealer reprogramming will correct the problem.

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

Quote Originally Posted by RITmusic2k View Post
    Your symptoms sound like a textbook case of the 2,800rpm hesitation. My car has had this since I've owned it; I finally had the dealers update my DME on Monday and I can confirm that the simple dealer reprogramming will correct the problem.
    What did it cost you?

My car is doing this around the same rpm as well. It usually does it in 2nd gear under slightly aggressive throttle. Normal acceleration it won't happen, and flat out full throttle it won't happen. Let us know if the DME update cures it.
    2006 MINI Cooper S SOLD
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-MINI-Cooper-S
    2006 ZHP 330CiC

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    What did it cost you?
    Dealer should be around onehunabux.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

It was $155 from Sterling BMW in Newport. Probably a little on the higher end of what to expect, but well worth it. Feels like a whole new car to drive it with a smooth powerband right through that sweet spot.

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

I think my indie in Orange County did it for $150. I didn't notice any hesitation before the update so not sure if it fixed anything. The 4K dip shows on the dyno chart both before and after the DME update, but I don't feel that dip when driving.

For Sacramento, did you try calling Schatz and Krum? I'm guessing they'll charge between $150 and $200, but you could probably negotiate a lower price if you're having them do other work on the car.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345