Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hey Dane! Do these codes look familiar?

Recently cleaned my DISA, ICV and replaced lower boot. Completed Vanos seals, spark plugs, and gaskets.

About 100 miles later SES light comes on. Checked it and these codes popped up:

P2240, p0171, p0174

I know the p2240 is an o2 sensor related, but not sure if that caused the other two codes to pop up too? Going to recheck the intake boot and make sure its on tight.
    BMW 330i / Silbergrau / Zhp / 6 spd manual

Boot is definitely a good place to start.

I'd also make sure you've got the disa all buttoned up. You could go the old carb cleaner route and spray around the disa and see if she sucks it in and stumbles.

Check your ccv hoses as well- at least the ones you can see. Sometimes you can crack that one that goes to the front right of the valve cover when you're getting the vc on/off.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

linh,
    the other two codes are lean bank one and lean bank two. Normally associated with a hole in the intake boot. They are the same codes i was throwing prior to intake boot install. If you just replaced the boots, i would check the connections. especially (and i hate to say it) the lower connection from the lower boot to the throttle body. i know this one is a pita, and it is the hardest one to see that you got on correctly. Most likely, though, you just have a loose connection.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Yup...it looks like you introduced an intake leak.

Make sure you also check the disa gasket....

Additionally....if you didn't get the VCG on there correctly or tighten it enough....you could be sucking air there also.

Boots are a good check also, as mentioned. Just don't negate the other two items.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Ok Guys,

Inspected the lower boot. It's on there alright, perfectly even around the intake groove/throttle body. The lower and upper intake connection is on tighter than before, and I made sure it was on correctly as well.

I gave the DISA some high temp RTV sealant to give it a better seal. . . . Now, will the codes clear itself? Or should I disconnect the battery or something?

Disconnecting the battery will not typically clear codes. Go pick up a code reader (Actron) and clear the code, or take it to autozone and have it cleared.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Codes are cleared. Will drive another gas tank full and see if it will come back. Hopefully it won't

Btw, a question. . . During the Beisan seals break in, will the car still have a that power surge/hesitation? Mine seems to have that, but not very much, and only 3rd gear around 2.8-3k

How did the codes clear? Even though the light clears...the code can still be stored.

Don't know the answer to your vanos seal question. I would just be patient through the break in period and see what happens.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thinking he means the CEL light is off. Codes are still in there.

+1 on the break in period. I would imagine that until the new seals are broken in, you could still have the surges.

I also saw a fairly good mileage improvement after the break in period- to the tune of about 2 mpg.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I cleared the codes using the Actron pocket scanner.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast