Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Linh View Post
    I cleared the codes using the Actron pocket scanner.
    Lol- or that.

Nice work.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by Linh View Post
    I cleared the codes using the Actron pocket scanner.
    Ok....great. let's see what happens. Cars running good right? When you made sure the boots were on right, did it seem like maybe you fixed something?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Not really. The lower boot was on pretty snug. I was maybe a little suspicious of the lower/upper boot connection, so I made sure they were on real good.

I re-installed the DISA using RTV high temp-sealant. Other than that, thats all I did.

I hope the light doesn't come back. . . Time will tell though.
    BMW 330i / Silbergrau / Zhp / 6 spd manual

So...its running good? No stumble? Idle strong?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

It runs great. Idles great. what do you mean by stumble though?

I do feel a very faint lag/hesitation in 3rd gear when accelarating 3/4 throttle in 3rd gear at almost 3k rpms.

Had that before I replaced the Vanos seals, but worse.

Ok...sounds good. Let's wait and see.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Over 100 miles driven so far and no SES light. =)

Also did my second set of Vanos seals, vcg, spark plugs, DISA, ICV, lower boot etc. on my friend's black ZHP yesterday. Took around 4.5 hours this time around.

Inspected his motor and is good of any leaks around the oil housing gasket. His DISA is a very good shape (thinking it was probably replaced before). The DISA in mine is still intact, but has lost that "spring resistance" when adjusting it.
    Last edited by Linh; 01-28-2011 at 08:20 AM.

Nice work. Looks like the RTV sealant did the trick.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Alright, the BMW is throwing up some codes again. . . This time: P2240, P2227, P2237

P2227 is MAF related, probably something I should have clean while I was in there. Going to get some MAF cleaner.

Did some research on the P2240 and P2237, and some people are saying the a DME software updated is needed or these codes will pop up over time. Car still drives OK and idle ranges from 600-750.

That P2227 can also be the DME.

I've seen a lot of posts concerning ZHP DMEs needing to be reprogrammed. A lot of those threads the MAF gets cleaned/replaced first and doesn't solve the problem.

Iirc, DME can only be done at the stealer- they have to pull the DME and ship it to Jersey for reprogramming.

Also of interest as I re-read some of those threads is those posters report a slight stumble under load between 2500-3000 rpms. Could possibly be that faint lag/hesitation you refer to...
    Last edited by kayger12; 02-02-2011 at 09:55 AM.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast