Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Going to the stealership and getting them to send my dme sounds like such a hassle not to mention $$. Is there any specific TSB besides the 4k on the DME that I could use for reference?

I was really thinking a software update would solve the problem, but that p2227 is worrying me that it could be an internal DME fault.
    BMW 330i / Silbergrau / Zhp / 6 spd manual

This is a copy of the 4K DME TSB info. Still looking for one specific to your issue.

Also some info here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=697502
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Ok... this morning before work, I fired up the car to check the codes again. This time only one code showed up, p2240. Checked it again after a 25 mile drive and still, only p2240 shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Linh View Post
    Ok... this morning before work, I fired up the car to check the codes again. This time only one code showed up, p2240. Checked it again after a 25 mile drive and still, only p2240 shows up.
    Yep-- also read about those codes coming and going. They may go away for a while, but I'm pretty confident they'll be back. Points even more to the DME imo.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Isn't that O2 sensor? Or am I thinking of P2237.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Isn't that O2 sensor? Or am I thinking of P2237.
    You're correct. Both are O2 sensor related. But with the DME issue, it seems common for 2237 and 2240 to get thrown even though nothing is wrong with the sensors.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

I'm really hoping that a software update will fix these issues.

Really don't want to bother shipping out the DME...

I'm really hoping that a software update will fix these issues.

Really don't want to bother shipping out the DME...
    Sounds like as long as they can update without crashing it, it's a possibility.

Sending some good vibes your way.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Thanks Kayger12, planning to go next week to finally take care of it.

Hopefully it will work. If not, I might just put the car on the market.

The DISA in mine is still intact, but has lost that "spring resistance" when adjusting it.
    Wouldn't that mean that your DISA is broken/not working? That can't be good.

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    That P2227 can also be the DME.

I've seen a lot of posts concerning ZHP DMEs needing to be reprogrammed. A lot of those threads the MAF gets cleaned/replaced first and doesn't solve the problem.

Iirc, DME can only be done at the stealer- they have to pull the DME and ship it to Jersey for reprogramming.

Also of interest as I re-read some of those threads is those posters report a slight stumble under load between 2500-3000 rpms. Could possibly be that faint lag/hesitation you refer to...
    The software update that requires you to send it to Jersey is for the 4000 rpm power dip, the 2500-3000 stumble is a different issue that a dealer or good indy can do an update for. At least it worked in my case anyway but mine was very noticeable, not "very faint/light" like Linh is describing. You just need to have the latest software update done. Not sure of the specific number and it really shouldn't matter but this post mentions some numbers if it helps.....

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=462527

We went over most of this in the other thread....

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...mly-stalls-out

Sorry I can't be of any help on those specific codes you're getting but if it were me I'd start with the dme update and go from there.

Barry
    Last edited by MrMaico; 02-04-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: wrong link fixed (or not...see post 31)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast