Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

ZHP Mafia SIG Status

In late November, BMWCCA approached me about our closed registration status. It had come to their attention, they wrote, "that the ZHP Mafia is no longer accepting new registrants. This is not in the spirit of what a SIG is supposed to be and not what you indicated when you applied to become a recognized SIG of BMWCCA. We ask that you change this policy immediately or you will be removed."

I gave them the reasons for closing the forum to new registrants and also explained that new members are added all of the time. We just didn't want new members coming off the street disrupting what we have here. We also didn't want spambots signing up and disrupting our forum.

In sum, I said, we accept almost every person that requests to be added to our forum. It's true, I wrote, that we do make them jump through a hoop, though, to get added. It's not possible to simply sign up. You have to approach us and let us know that you plan to be active and that you plan to not be an asshole once you get here. Once they jump through that minimal hoop, they're in.

The vice president of BMWCCA said that he does not like how our message reads. He believes that the first roadblock is a turn off and that people go elsewhere. I don't necessarily disagree with him. I think that many would-be asscracks self select at that point. But I also believe that people who would be great additions to our forum do jump through that hoop and join.

After giving it some thought, though, and in consultation with the moderators at ZHPMafia.com, we've decided that we will not be changing our policy and we will not be altering our message. We are not reopening the forum. And we are not tweaking the message that unregistered members see when they arrive.

As a result, I do believe that BMWCCA, at its next board meeting, will remove us as a SIG. As I told the moderators, though: I'd rather keep the forum the way it is (closed) and keep the same message, than be a part of BMWCCA.

Keeping the general population happy with our forum is our number one priority. A closed forum seems to be working well.

In the end, even though we may get the boot from BMWCCA, we will dictate our policy. An outside organization will not.

If and when we get the boot, I will let you know.

The Boss performing as a bauce, I agree 100%. Thanks for that.

Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)
    06 ZHP SGM/blk (6/15)
    08 335xi blue/blk (4/15)
    04 ZHPci MB/blk (2/14)
    04 ZHPcic IR/Alc (10/13)
    01 540iT anthra/blk (7/13)
    04 ZHPci TIAG/blk (9/12)
    03 540i M-Sport (9/12)
    01 325ci (3/12)
    02 325iT 5MT (10/11)
    05 ZHPci (7/11)
    03 330cic (2/11)
    00 323ci (10/10)

Yup. That's the way it has to be.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Appreciate the detailed explanation. Certainly enjoyed knowing we were a SIG, but as you said, outside organizations shouldn't dictate our policy.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Screw 'em! They don't understand how this works because they've never had a SIG spawn from an online community.
    - Marc

This came to BMWCCA's attention because a board member wanted to join. He or she ran into our message and went back to BMWCCA and let them know what we were up to.

Had the board member simply sent me an email, he or she would have gladly been added to the roll here at ZHPMafia.com. Indeed, were that board member to come to us today, he or she would be added. We're not exclusive. We're just making sure that we don't let the idiots in.

Well that board member IS an idiot so don't let him/her in. lol Just kidding board member!

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

^^

By the way, one of the board members runs another forum. He says that they have put all kinds of safeguards in place to prevent spammers from getting on to the site. I certainly appreciate that board member's time and definitely appreciated the suggestions. However, in the end, we're not reopening this forum to people who can't behave themselves and conduct themselves in a mature and professional manner.

During the second half of 2012 I was rarely around the site. Keith wasn't around that much, either. Dane pretty much handled this forum on his own.

I believe that he was able to do that, though, because the membership is tremendous at policing itself. You guys stand for the same things that we stand for. As such, you don't tolerate trouble. Moreover, you don't cause trouble. I believe, at this point, that Dane, Keith, and I could walk away as moderators and have this forum run pretty smoothly. That's saying a lot. I don't think most forums could pull that off. Too many morons have been allowed to stick around forums. But for moderators, those morons on other forums would be going crazy and running amok.

I'm pleased to say that I could not imagine our forum ever being anything other than fun, respectful, and safe.

Curious, does that person have a ZHP or did they just want to join? (Not that it really matters).

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast