Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    If they're so hell bent on a minor roadblock to becoming a member, then perhaps they should just open up their registration to become a CCA member for FREE. That, to me, is a massive roadblock. Paying money is a helluva lot more of a hoop to jump through than it is to send an email to someone. Technically, it's easier to become a member here than it is to become a member of the BMW CCA.

I myself am a board member of my chapter and I have no issue with this policy.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

This place is "Cheers", and we're all "Norm" when we log back on whether it be daily, weekly, or monthly.

Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)
    06 ZHP SGM/blk (6/15)
    08 335xi blue/blk (4/15)
    04 ZHPci MB/blk (2/14)
    04 ZHPcic IR/Alc (10/13)
    01 540iT anthra/blk (7/13)
    04 ZHPci TIAG/blk (9/12)
    03 540i M-Sport (9/12)
    01 325ci (3/12)
    02 325iT 5MT (10/11)
    05 ZHPci (7/11)
    03 330cic (2/11)
    00 323ci (10/10)

Well put.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

That person has a ZHP, John.

Nice

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Well that board member IS an idiot so don't let him/her in. lol Just kidding board member!

I'm not paying to be in BMWCCA now. Was planning on it for a long time too.
    I used to be on other forums (like E46Fanatics....) and still am active on others (like MFESTForums). So joining BMWCCA (up until after reading this) was the last thing on the list I wanted to join.

Sounds like bureaucracy trying to tell the little guy what to do. Have they even taken the time to visit E46Fanatics and look at the threads and posts?

If they want to stomp on the unity here then those old farts in BMWCCA (no offense to anyone here) can keep running their old-school club. I'll be damned if they would be willing to open THEIR doors to E46Fanatics members with open arms.

You know they wouldn't. So why should we have to?

This place is perfect just like it is. I swear i welcomed multiple new members just this week. Dont change a good thing. I tried the the other forums. Me no likey. Your decision is
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Agree with the present format. We all have a place where we can discuss just about anything and not worry about a bunch of assholes sticking their $.02 in. This probably goes along with the couple of letters in the recent Roundel saying that Marc B. was not loving the ZHP, quite the opposite.

Stay the course, we love it here!

Gary

Gary
    2004 ZHP Coupe TiAg 6mt
    "I never said it was special"

This place is an incredible rarity among forums. No recognition or affiliation is worth jeopardizing what we have here.

Boss hit the nail on the head. I've had a crazy year and was severely limited in the time I was around. The only thing that made that possible for me with a clear conscience was the fact that I knew that this place essentially takes care of itself anymore.

Back in the open forum days, every new member was scrutinized by the Boss and mods. Running IP checks to make sure it wasn't a known spammer. Googling to find other forum activities to identify posters with a proclivity for being asshats. And then, of course, monitoring all the new posts from the new members to make sure they understood what this place was about and the level of civility that is expected-- actually demanded-- from everyone here, by everyone here.

I feel like at this point we have a forum full of moderators. We all look out for each other and the site. I think everyone realizes how rare and "not-special" this place is.

Closing the forum was the best idea the Boss had other than creating the site in the first place.

If the BMWCCA doesn't like or understand that, then it is clearly their loss.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by JKO_ZHP View Post

I'm not paying to be in BMWCCA now. Was planning on it for a long time too.
    I used to be on other forums (like E46Fanatics....) and still am active on others (like MFESTForums). So joining BMWCCA (up until after reading this) was the last thing on the list I wanted to join.

Sounds like bureaucracy trying to tell the little guy what to do. Have they even taken the time to visit E46Fanatics and look at the threads and posts?

If they want to stomp on the unity here then those old farts in BMWCCA (no offense to anyone here) can keep running their old-school club. I'll be damned if they would be willing to open THEIR doors to E46Fanatics members with open arms.

You know they wouldn't. So why should we have to?

BMWCCA will take anyone who pays the membership dues. You can be the biggest douche in the world and still be a member, as long as you pay your dues.
    Granted, I have never come across anyone that's a Club member that I didn't like. So, to think that I'd come across a complete dickhead when at a Club event is completely unexpected. When I'm at a Club event, I always expect people to respect each other, and that is what I see every single time. Don't think about the Club in a negative way because of this little fiasco; they're just not used to this type of moderation as every other forum is "open join".

I do agree; if they decide to drop us as a SIG, then that truly is their loss.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast