Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Copy......I agree with 15-20 miles.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    There is an exception to that. I used to have this issue, and then the mayo would disappear on the weekends because that's when I do my long distance driving. However, when I dropped my car off to get the suspension work done a whole state-and-a-half away last week, there was still mayo there. The mechanic told me that it could be a signs of a failing oil separator, which is a common issue on E46's. If you still get mayo after a long distance drive (I would say over an hour), then I'd be worried.

I sure am...
    This may just be attributable to the brand of oil you're using.....

Years ago my old boss had a Chevy pickup with a small block in it and every time he'd make the 200 mile trip during the winter to visit his daughter the underside of the hood would be splattered with mayo from the breather/oil fill tube. He was running Pennzoil dino at the time and switched to another brand (Havoline maybe?) and it completely stopped spitting mayo after the change of oil brands.

Barry

I was concerned about mine because the mayo didn't totally go away after an 1.5h drive. Looked like this at its worst; I have about a two-mile commute :-/

Took the car down to Nashville this weekend though and it's clean as a whistle now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    I was concerned about mine because the mayo didn't totally go away after an 1.5h drive. Looked like this at its worst; I have about a two-mile commute :-/

Took the car down to Nashville this weekend though and it's clean as a whistle now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Makes sense. If you've got a lot build up it could definitely take a while to burn it all off.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by MrMaico View Post
    This may just be attributable to the brand of oil you're using.....

Years ago my old boss had a Chevy pickup with a small block in it and every time he'd make the 200 mile trip during the winter to visit his daughter the underside of the hood would be splattered with mayo from the breather/oil fill tube. He was running Pennzoil dino at the time and switched to another brand (Havoline maybe?) and it completely stopped spitting mayo after the change of oil brands.

Barry

I don't think so. I use the same oil as before when my mayo would disappear after a long drive. Now it doesn't seem to disappear but I'm still using the same oil.

I use Mobil1 0W-40.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Ryan.......That just doesn't look right. I don't care how much a car is driven. I would look into CCV valve issue.

Can't moisture like that "Hydro-lock" an engine?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Ryan.......That just doesn't look right. I don't care how much a car is driven. I would look into CCV valve issue.

Can't moisture like that "Hydro-lock" an engine?
    I thought I read somewhere that the yellow goop is a result of very short trips before the car can completely warm itself up. It takes the car to get warm before the CCV can fully start doing its job and recycle the moisture. I would guess that changing out the CCV system would resolve the issue, and to avoid taking very short trips in your car from a cold start.

As far as hydro locking the engine? I'm not sure if the goop would do that. I guess if it gets bad enough it would cause some problems for sure.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I don't think so. I use the same oil as before when my mayo would disappear after a long drive. Now it doesn't seem to disappear but I'm still using the same oil.

I use Mobil1 0W-40.
    Well, so much for that theory. I thought I had seen you mention before something about using different brands of oil depending on whatever your mechanic was using. But if it's doing it with the same brand now it has to be something else causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMaico View Post
    But if it's doing it with the same brand now it has to be something else causing it.
    But whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?????
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

CCV

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast