Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowboardinwny View Post
    I had this issue on my e36 328i. My commute to and from work is about 15 minutes. When I was looking for my ZHP my intent was to dd it all year round. Talked to a guy selling his daily driven ZHP with a short commute. He brought up the goop issue and said on short drives after he parked his car he would pull the oil cap off to let the gasses/condensation vent out.

Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread but it may be an alternative to replacing the ccv with the cold weather option. Yeah it can be a pain in the butt, but it won't cost you anything lol. I have done it a few times, usually if I go out for lunch seeing as my car won't even reach operating temperatures. Most other times I forget tho.
    Good seeing you around.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks, I'm guilty of not coming on here enough if at all. Now that I finally bought the Tapatalk app for my phone I will be on a ton more.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowboardinwny View Post
    Thanks, I'm guilty of not coming on here enough if at all. Now that I finally bought the Tapatalk app for my phone I will be on a ton more.
    Sweet. Looking forward to the contributions.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Huh, that's a pretty good idea...I'm sure I'd forget too, though!

It was around 40* here this weekend, and I drove the car a little more than usual. Goop is almost completely gone, and the car's running noticeably better. So I'm getting less concerned about things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sad part is every other CCV system I have ever seen is a simple vacuum hose and a PCV valve that is easily replaced in two minutes and costs about $5. Why did this engine have to be so complicated?

My old car has that simple hose and PCV valve, but all crankcase vapors go back into the intake to be burned--no separator. Draining separated oil to the pan would require a 2nd hose, or a total of 3 connections (one crankcase, one intake, one drain). Does our CCV have 3 or 4 connections? If 4, what does the 4th do?

Yep, that's what most engines do, burn the blow by. Not sure recycling is a) worth the trouble and b) won't that contaminate the oil with fuel? I've seen engines fitted with a catch can. Isn't that what GAS is working on?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789