Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Have any of you heard of these guys?

Has anybody on here ever used Fortune Auto coilovers? I got in touch with a new company called Broadway Static and they partnered up with Fortune to build my new coilovers for the zhp vert. I love these things, and I'm doing a write up this week, but I was curious if any of you guys have looked into them? Definitely worth a look; same price as KW's and use a linear spring of your choice from Swift!

Wait, if they are the same price as KW's, why didn't you get the track-proven, lifetime-warrantied, stainless steel bodied KW's?

I assumed he was wanting to "forge new ground".

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    Wait, if they are the same price as KW's, why didn't you get the track-proven, lifetime-warrantied, stainless steel bodied KW's?
    Because I went with the track-proven, corrosion-resistant coilovers that don't use a crappy progressive spring.

I had KW's. They were okay for the amount of money that I spent on them. Springs weren't heavy enough for the dampers, no camber plates, no end-links, and the customer service is very personal with Broadway/Fortune. They use Swift linear springs, and let you build your own coilover. KW is a big-name company and that's why their coils cost what they do.

Edit: Also, I was impressed with the over-sized piston that's used in the coil; the better valving promotes more comfort when using a stiffer spring and harder shock.

Yeah, Dane, I'm promoting a new company. I'm not forging any NEW ground; the company has been around for a little while now, and Fortune is constantly at track events. But Broadway is a new company, and I enjoy promoting the little guy when they make a product that is actually WORTH the money. They're not $1,000 BC Racing coilovers. They're hand-build to order here.

I just meant that you were doing something that typically isn't done....hence forging new ground....aka going with a new company.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I just meant that you were doing something that typically isn't done....hence forging new ground....aka going with a new company.
    Yeah I know! I wasn't trying to be rude, haha. Just explaining my reasoning behind it. They've been very good to me, and very helpful, and they're very knowledgeable guys. They're on other BMW forums, and as far as I know, I'm the first one using them on a ZHP, or an E46 cabrio for that matter! Cool stuff, eh?

In for review brotha.

I'm on it. They'll be on the ZHP when I get a chance to go to the garage. It'll be up here in no time. Also, I have to wait for a relatively dry day; these Ohio winters aren't exactly ideal for dropped convertibles...

If these are any good they will be on my list. Always felt that KW was a little pricey given the features.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast