Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

in dash Google Nexus 7 Install

Total parts were pretty much a nexus, bezel and an audio cable. Ive really liked the nexus and the SatNav software that comes on it and wanted to utilize it in a clean way with little to no exposed cables and an oem look. Not totally complete but charging and sound cabled connected. Pics suck i know ill try to take some better pics and pics of it apart as well. The whole setup was less than $400 and no splicing of wires and no major mods. Only downside was a need for a hotspot but nowadays most people have hotspot.

thanks for looking.

interesting... I like your thinking. Where did you get the bezel?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    interesting... I like your thinking. Where did you get the bezel?
    eBay. i was surprised at how expensive it was. i also didnt buy the hvac relocation unit because of the high price, but the hvac control unit fit pretty good in the lower slot without it.

Interesting idea. I have thought about putting a tablet into both vehicles. With the aux in I typically use my cell phones with netflix on long voyages...
    "Cam"

2009 Ultrasonic Blue Mica/Alpine White ISF
    1998 Nassau Blue/Grey C5 Corvette 6spd Sold
    2003 Imola Red/Alcantara 330i ZHP 6spd Sold
    2002 TiAg/Black M3 6spd Sold

Daytime pics would be nice.

I got a nexus 7 and would love to do something like this. Maybe some kind of write up ?

Damn I just gave my little bro my nexus 7 when I got my nexus 10... I should have done this... Looks cool as hell

~Steve
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Awesome

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    In the market for an E90 M3

my radio is just hanging off to the side because the harness was not long enough and it would not fit the glove box. i was actually going to make a bracket and cover it with subwoofer fabric and leave it to the right of the console or the left of the passengers left leg. Im thinking of making splices on the harness, making it long enough to reach the glove box and sit flat rather than vertically. If you have any suggestions or tips on extending the harness id appreciate it. Thanks

This is awesome.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    This is awesome.
    Plus one. I have the 10 inch which is too big for the dash but this is still a great idea.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast