Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FS: ZKW Bi-Xenon Passenger (Right) Headlight Assembly (Not Currently Working)

Up for sale is my ZKW passenger (right) and driver (left) headlight assemblies . I recently took them out of my car due to the burnt bowl issue and the passenger side not lighting up at all. As of right now, the driver side light works great, the output is just low from the bowl issue.

I initially thought it was just a bad bulb. I replaced it with a Phillips DS2 bulb from TheRetroFitSource.com:

That didn't solve the problem. When I put the new bulb in, I also noticed some condensation that had built up on the inside of the lens as well as in the assembly itself. The exterior of the lens is a little pitted from normal road rash but still works fine.

So, if someone wanted to put a little money and time into this, it would make a nice project for a bowl retrofit. I honestly don't know if the ballast or the ignitors are working at all. It would probably need some new gaskets and protective caps as well to ensure it was sealed properly.

The good news is it comes with a brand new DS2 bulb installed. If you want, I can throw in the mounting bracket as well.

I'm looking for $100 plus shipping or shoot me a PM with an offer and we'll see if we can agree on a price. Thanks,
    Quik

For non-members:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...6#post25739496

Shoot me a PM on Bimmerfest and tell me you saw it on ZHPMafia.com for the family price.

The Retrofit Source Inc
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Order Number: 29037
    Available Installation Guides: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/install_guides.php
    Date Ordered: Tuesday November 20, 2012

Products
    1 x D2S: Philips 85122+ (PhilipsD2S) = $95.00
    Sub-Total: $95.00
    USPS First Class Mail: $4.28
    Total: $99.28
    Last edited by quikryptonite; 12-12-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Reduced Price - Link for Non-Members
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

Not a bad deal at all. What are you doing for a replacement?

BMW Perf. Gloss Kidneys | UUC DSSR | B&M SSK | 35% tint | AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses | Tri-Color Coby Wheel | Aux Input

I bought a Magnetti Marelli (Automotive Lighting) Bi-xenon assembly to replace it. I stink at working on electrical problems and didn't want the bowls to burn out again in a few years with a new ZKW unit. So, I just bought a new headlight.

You can read about it here if you'd like:

Quik's Headlight Replacement

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

You bought one replacement headlight? O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    You bought one replacement headlight? O.o
    Yea, well... plans are to get the second one sooner rather than later. Kind of happened at a bad (financial) time for me.

Quote Originally Posted by quikryptonite View Post
    Yea, well... plans are to get the second one sooner rather than later. Kind of happened at a bad (financial) time for me.
    And at $750.00 per...I fully understand brotha.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Oh that makes sense. I figured you would buy another one later, but your post almost sounded as if you had no plans to replace your other ZKW. =p So long as your other ZKW works fine, doesn't really matter in the end.

Yea, the other ZKW is hanging in there for now. It is starting to show signs of bowl burnout though.
    But, it does have a new DS2 bulb in it and it is working properly, for now.

Price reduction.

$100 + shipping. Any takers?

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    PMed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast