Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Been a few hours now and I have gone out and checked it every hour and all is still well. No lights, responds to my key etc. I'll keep watching it closely and come early next week I'll have the battery tested and replaced. I have had the car about 2.5 years now, and the battery was probably at least 2 years old when I bought it, so it's a good chance it's on its last leg.

I'll have it tested anyway just to see what comes up (going to replace it no matter what) and report back with my findings. Hopefully help others in the future.

Good info. GL. I think it's the battery.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Fwiw, Advance Auto does free battery testing.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans323i View Post
    Fwiw, Advance Auto does free battery testing.
    : so funny, just finished explaining on bfc that I live in the middle of nowhere. The only chain we have is McDonald's. My mechanic is a 30 min drive away. So I must wait.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonerDee View Post
    : so funny, just finished explaining on bfc that I live in the middle of nowhere. The only chain we have is McDonald's. My mechanic is a 30 min drive away. So I must wait.
    Just out of curiosity, where in CT? We're probably within an hour of each other.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Ehh more like an hour and a half to two hours. I'm in the very NW corner of the state, 2 min from MA and about 10 min from NY in a town called Canaan.

So another quick update since I'm here, left the car overnight with the battery hooked up, all is well still.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonerDee View Post
    Ehh more like an hour and a half to two hours. I'm in the very NW corner of the state, 2 min from MA and about 10 min from NY in a town called Canaan.

So another quick update since I'm here, left the car overnight with the battery hooked up, all is well still.
    NW corner, near Lime Rock? It takes me about an hour to get up thurr.

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    NW corner, near Lime Rock? It takes me about an hour to get up thurr.

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk

Yup, Limerock is about 15-20 min south of me. You must not be doing the speed limit

So it's not Monday morning and still no sign of the lights again. Going to be on the road later this morning and hopefully wont get stranded (good thing I have AAA) Then hopefully later I will make it to my mechanic.

Update: So I never made it to my mechanic, just haven't had the time, but I did swing by the two local part stores in town. The first was a private owned place that offered me a battery for $178.00. I laughed in their faces and left. Drove down the road to the other smaller one which is actually a Napa store. I was looking for a duralast 49-DL battery which neither place had. Napa had a "Napa" Brand battery (made by some company who's name escapes me) which they sold for $119.00 plus tax and core ($5.00) Comes with a 3 year warranty and the guys said I could bring it back no questions asked if it didn't work/fit.

So I picked it up and installed it yesterday and it fit like a glove, had the hole in the top side for the vent tube, and even supplied a spare elbow (the part that plugs into the battery) which I ended up needing as the old one snapped. Installed it and hooked up the cables and Christine came back to life. Still have not seen any indications of the weird problem that started all this and when I bring the old battery back (maybe today) I will see if they can test it and see if it is defective or on its way out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast