Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Cost: $299
    Was this during a sale? Looks like the prices have gone up to $350 everywhere

The car does seem to have a very minimal added kick, mostly due to the elimination of a known (and very annoying) dead spot between ~3.5-4.5k rpm. I can now pull cleanly through the rev range without feeling any hesitation or dead spots.
    I would love to get rid of this, but the funny thing about it is that if you look at the dyno on Turner's website, the dead spot is still shown. I thought it would've been fixed.

03 TiAg 330i ZHP
    -Alex

I had the same question about the pricing so I contacted a vendor. $299 was a special price that was offered for barely over a year. Prices officially went up to $349 on January 1, 2011 because Jim wanted to be more in line with the rest of the industry in terms of pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I think I'm going to chip my car when you're here in two weeks.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Did you order it? Do you have a battery tender/charger? How old is your battery?

Quote Originally Posted by adb1028 View Post
    Was this during a sale? Looks like the prices have gone up to $350 everywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Moto View Post
    I had the same question about the pricing so I contacted a vendor. $299 was a special price that was offered for barely over a year. Prices officially went up to $349 on January 1, 2011 because Jim wanted to be more in line with the rest of the industry in terms of pricing.
    No, I did not buy mine under "special" pricing. In fact, I ordered mine on January 17th, 17 days after the supposed price change. I got mine from Turner Motorsport. Just checked, and their "sale" price right now is ~$350. Lame; it was already priced too much IMO when I bought mine.

I would love to get rid of this, but the funny thing about it is that if you look at the dyno on Turner's website, the dead spot is still shown. I thought it would've been fixed.
    Alex,
    I can't tell you what a dyno says. What I can tell you is that my arse no longer feels the dead spot that was painfully obvious before. That means there is a dramatic enough of a change for one to think that dead spot is gone.

I haven't dyno'ed my car so I have absolutely no idea if the numbers agree with this, but what I can tell you is that I'm 110% happy with the improvement.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Did you order it? Do you have a battery tender/charger? How old is your battery?
    This week. Yes. 6 months.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    This week. Yes. 6 months.

Sweet. I still have the procedure and the box the Shark came in flown around in my trunk. I've been waaaaaay too lazy to clean it out, so I also still have the carpets the wheel finisher gave me so I didn't mess up my interior while transporting my newly painted wheels in November. lol

Come to think of it... and my old carpet mats are back there too.

Either way, we could easily take care of that while I'm there, DW. It's super simple.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Nice....that's what I am hoping....

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Seems like many vendors were late getting the memo. I actually bought my for $299 with free shipping from BMP Design on the 1st Friday in February. Oddly enough on the following Monday, the price went to $349.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Moto View Post
    Seems like many vendors were late getting the memo. I actually bought my for $299 with free shipping from BMP Design on the 1st Friday in February. Oddly enough on the following Monday, the price went to $349.
    Looks like you got it just in time.
    Good catch!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Barry,
    I have confirmed that the dead spot that was painfully obvious before the flashing... is gone.
    Shark fixes that issue, or at least it did in my car.

Keep in mind I haven't done VANOS seals yet. They are most likely factory original.
    Thanks Botond! Looks like I might have to get me a Shark ordered. I wish I'd have bought one before the price increase.
    Might have to get one from BMP Design, they give a 10% BMWCCA discount.

Barry

A few comments...

- Good to hear the throttle blip has been resolved by the Shark Injector. When driving on the street it's more than a little annoying when you blip the throttle and it responds with "I don't think so buddy! Try again!!"

- The 4k power dip is a well documented problem with the original ZHP tune, even on newer cars like mine. I had it fixed under warranty a few years ago by having the ECU reprogrammed thru a dealer who shipped it to NJ. A "PUMA" case was required and this problem was only addressed on a customer complaint basis.

- The instructions for the Shark Install, at least at Turner Motorsport, clearly state a 10amp or higher battery charger is required to install the software. This makes sure there is no power loss during the process. A trickle charger is not adequate.

I've attached a dyno sheet for a ZHP running the Shark Injector. This was provided to me by someone at Turner when the software was first released.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeff

Golden Gate Chapter BMW CCA - Autocross - Join Us!

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast