Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Austin, TX ZHP by way of Green Bay

Hello everyone,

I'm a soon to be 06 330CI ZHP owner as of tomorrow. I'm catching a flight from Austin to Green Bay, WI at 0630 and hope to have the title signed over by 1300 so I can start the drive south.

This will be my first BMW auto. I've owned BMW motorcycles for the past 9 years but never got around to purchasing a car. I've always loved the E46 and was lusting after an Imola ZHP about 6 years ago but couldn't swing it at the time. I got the bug again and a google search led me to the classifeds on this forum which pointed me to the perfect car. Unfortunately it is 1400 miles away but we'll definitely have time to get acquainted in the first few days of ownership. I caught a huge break on the weather and look to have smooth sailing all the way back. I'll update this thread with some photographic evidence of the journey home. Here she is patiently waiting for me.

A little bit more about me. I'm a native Texan but grew up in Oklahoma. I spent 11 years in the Air Force (that's why the blue car is perfect) before moving back to Texas. Now I live in the heart of Longhorn country and can't stand the team and root for the Sooners. I've been married for 22 years and we have two daughters. I love to mountain bike (car comes with a factory bike rack - even more perfect), tolerate road biking since it makes me faster on the mtb and do some adventure races and endurance mtb races. I like guitars, guns and beer but don't combine the last two at the same time. You already know I like motorcycles. I do as much wrenching as possible on my motorcycles to avoid the outrageous BMW shop rates and plan to do the same on the car with all the great info on this site and the interwebs. Anyway I can't wait for tomorrow and am sure I'll sleep like crap tonight in anticipation of the 0400 wake up. Hopefully you'll hear from me on the road tomorrow.

Great stuff. Safe travels. Looking forward to the read.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Welcome to the Mafia. That car is beautiful!
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Great looking car. You will love the drive home.

I am also into guitars as are a few other people here.

Can't wait to see your travel pics and let me know how you like the OEM roof rack. I have been thinking of picking one up.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Welcome! Great to see more airmen around. You're going to love your Zebra Horse Power-ed Bimmer!

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

Welcome.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Welcome. Looking forward to your dispatches from the road.

nike001 Guest
    dis gun be good

Welcome to the forum and safe travels! Keep us updated and looking forward to seeing more of you around these parts!
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Welcome. Looks sweet. That's a great color. Take lots of pics on the way back. I am really disappointed that I didn't document the trip to get mine more. I rushed the whole thing and tried to drive through the night...
    "Cam"

2009 Ultrasonic Blue Mica/Alpine White ISF
    1998 Nassau Blue/Grey C5 Corvette 6spd Sold
    2003 Imola Red/Alcantara 330i ZHP 6spd Sold
    2002 TiAg/Black M3 6spd Sold

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast