Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    Do it yourself. Take everything apart and clean it Friday. Paint 3 coats plus clearcoat Saturday. Dry all day Sunday. Put it back together Sunday night.
    Recommendations for the type/brand of paint to buy?
    2004 Black Saphire Metallic 330i ZHP

Duplicolor makes a specific caliper paint and a cleaner too.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/caliperPaint/

I just got some from advanced auto on saturday for 6.99. Low gloss black caliper paint. 500 degree temp. I used brake cleaner to clean the calipers and a toothbrush. Just sprayed one coat on them, set them in the sun for 20 minutes. Obviously, Eli's way would be much more permanent and cool, but i was just trying to make them disappear, not stand out. Here is the pic yesterday. Look at my projects post for a few more.

"No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Keith, I would have noticed before i did it myself, but whoever painted your calipers painted the back of the pads too. Unless the pads you have had silver tabs on them. Just noticing. Doesn't mean you got "bronxed" or anything, but It looks good. I painted without the pads in, but i went black so it didn't matter.

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Good eye-- yeah, they got everything in there-- calipers, pads, rotor hat. I'll have to take a pic with the wheel off next time for humor value.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Id like to see it. I think it looks good though. and man i cant tell you how many times ive looked at my new drilled rotors and thought, hell yeah...............since yesterday when i put them on!

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    You got em painted like this?...lol

This....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I did black. Only because when I had my M135 wheels I wasn't going to be taking off the wheels to clean a light coloured brake caliper. You can see the brakes just disappear which cleans up the look since stock calipers aren't that nice to look at...LOL.

After I think 2 years of having it painted black and a couple rounds of a low speed track with tons of braking, this is what the calipers look like now:

If my calipers were silver, they'd show just like the rotors here but if the calipers weren't kept clean and in good condition you'd see that. With black if you haven't "prettied" up your calipers for 3 years straight....they'd still look fine from 5 feet away. :D
    Last edited by Rovert; 02-20-2011 at 02:15 PM.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Weird. You rotors and my rotors have opposite drilling, or im looking at an inverted pic. My drilling swirls toward the rear...and yours toward the front. Are those BMW performance rotors, or another brand?

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

^Zimmermans up front. I think if I remember both front rotors were identical. So I guess one side is the "right" way? LOL. Nonetheless they still stop me which is quite important for my health and others. :P
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast