Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2574 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 15742074247425242564257225732574257525762584 ... LastLast
Results 25,731 to 25,740 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
    Sorry about your bumper as well lol. The nice thing is that these aren't horrifically expensive to replace.

I'm ordering mine pre-painted. I've heard good things about it and if they have the same paint guy they did a few years back, he's pretty spot on. I may tack on some other goodies from them while I'm at it.
    Do you know if umnitza does Black Friday deals? Worth it to wait until then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    Do you know if umnitza does Black Friday deals? Worth it to wait until then?

I haaave no idea.

Sent from my LG Wing and a prayer using Tapatalk

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Regarding brake upgrades, this time around I went with the Wilwood 4-piston brake upgrade and admit these calipers really bite and provide better performance over the stock brake calipers.

With that said, the Wilwood setup is far from "plug and play" as they use shims (washers) to line them up and it takes numerous trials to get them lined up right. This is the only short fall to using these but replacement calipers are so much more affordable and getting the kit for these are much cheaper than going for the Brembo BBKs.

This season I will start working on my rear brakes so my ZHP will have Wilwood calipers at all 4 corners

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro
    Oh man I am a sucker for all things Wilwood.

Sounds like initial setup is a bit of a bear. But, I'd say it's worth it for that much of a difference over stock.

I'll have to check them out.

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

I did a much needed update to my OEM M3 Side mirror retrofit DIY today. I will be doing this for my ZHP very soon.....

For those who are following my BMW project threads, if you want to see a DIY of something I have already retrofitted but have not written up a DIY for then by all means reach out to me and let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
    *edit* Aaaaand now I'm on ECS looking at quad piston brake upgrades cause "I'll be working on the front end anyways.".... I need help, lol.
    Curious if you have explored the F80 BBK swap for the M3?

On that topic, I officially dropped off my steering knuckles at my machine shop today. E46 M3's need 2.5-3mm shaved off the back of the caliper to fit, which I have done, but M3 brakes aren't a bolt on to 330's. Normally you'd shave the M3 brackets anoter 6mm, but I am taking this off the knuckle. My machinist looked a little nervous about my confidence and enthusiasm. He says he is going to run a stress simulation to make sure that even after material is shaved away that the system is safe for the extreme forces that brakes go under.

I brought my knuckle in with the M4 rotor on bolted on with a series of washers between the rotor and the hub to simulate the concept of material already being machined down. I sadly didn't measure this beforehand so I don't know roughly how much material needs to be removed. We looked at the rotor placement in the caliper and noticed it's more outbound in the channel where the rotor could go. He guestimated there was 2mm of space outward (before hitting the caliper) and 4mm inward. He suggested swapping those tolerances, so there would be 2mm of space inward so less machining has to be done. Then, to ensure the integrity of the knuckle, he suggested removing 1mm of the caliper and the remainder off the knuckle. I told him to do whatever is safe and that if he doesn't believe its feasable to complete safely, to just abandon ship and give me all my bits back. He seems confident, but I am just a little concerned. I know it's with the right people to get the job done right. Honestly, if this doesn't do it I will probably go to M3 spindles because that would be my cheapest option.

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Curious if you have explored the F80 BBK swap for the M3?

On that topic, I officially dropped off my steering knuckles at my machine shop today. E46 M3's need 2.5-3mm shaved off the back of the caliper to fit, which I have done, but M3 brakes aren't a bolt on to 330's. Normally you'd shave the M3 brackets anoter 6mm, but I am taking this off the knuckle. My machinist looked a little nervous about my confidence and enthusiasm. He says he is going to run a stress simulation to make sure that even after material is shaved away that the system is safe for the extreme forces that brakes go under.

I brought my knuckle in with the M4 rotor on bolted on with a series of washers between the rotor and the hub to simulate the concept of material already being machined down. I sadly didn't measure this beforehand so I don't know roughly how much material needs to be removed. We looked at the rotor placement in the caliper and noticed it's more outbound in the channel where the rotor could go. He guestimated there was 2mm of space outward (before hitting the caliper) and 4mm inward. He suggested swapping those tolerances, so there would be 2mm of space inward so less machining has to be done. Then, to ensure the integrity of the knuckle, he suggested removing 1mm of the caliper and the remainder off the knuckle. I told him to do whatever is safe and that if he doesn't believe its feasable to complete safely, to just abandon ship and give me all my bits back. He seems confident, but I am just a little concerned. I know it's with the right people to get the job done right. Honestly, if this doesn't do it I will probably go to M3 spindles because that would be my cheapest option.
    I honestly haven't.

I've looked at bolt on options and the like. The OEM brakes, with good pads and rotors, haven't really let me down.

But, I'm planning on eventually completing the SC build in the future so, I'm window shopping bolt on brake upgrades.

-Ben

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Those seats look amazing, +1 to keeping posted about the results. Also it looks like it may come with the euro first aid kit box. I find it super handy to use as alternative closed storage space since all we really have is the glovebox and that ashtray in the back

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately just got word the seller won't be shipping them to me. I was initially quoted just over $630 to ship to the USA (which I was happy to pay), but that wasn't enough. Price to ship from overseas to USA is closer to $1500 or more... so if anyone really, really wants them, and is willing to pay for shipping that costs more than the seats themselves, I can connect to anyone to the seller. I have no relationship with the seller, but they do have a 100% ebay seller rating with over 600 transactions.
    Fuelly

Waiting for the tranny sump gasket and filter to arrive, so did a little engine bay cleaning to pass the time

Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.

I installed Öhlins strut spacers to get my front ride height up. Should have done this much earlier, the car was way too slammed in front.

Name:  DSC07246.JPG
Views: 296
Size:  441.8 KB
    Name:  DSC07240.JPG
Views: 312
Size:  718.2 KB
    Name:  DSC07249.JPG
Views: 280
Size:  794.6 KB
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Noticeable difference. Why did you decide to do that?

Page 2574 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 15742074247425242564257225732574257525762584 ... LastLast