Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 964 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 4648649149549629639649659669741014106414641964 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,640 of 26150
    I guess I may use some Wenol polish as recommended on FB.

The friendliest forum on the planet!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Did a poor-man respray of the hood with Dr. ColorChip. From far off it looks better, but up close you can still see where the rocks got me. Was in a hurry, so no before and after pics.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Cleaned up tips today.

The friendliest forum on the planet!
    Next time try penetrating fluid and 00 steel wool

Dane, those tips look damn classy. I love the brushed look.

Had my third appointment with RMS fender rolling. This guy is amazing; I think we got it this time!

One visit:

Three visits:

-Dimitri; 19

98 Dakar Yellow M3
    Recaro - Ground Control - Macht Schnell - AP - Mashaw - UUC - Schroth - Apex - TMS

so does that mean you can go more low now?

on a side note...was there anything under the car other than the jack in case it failed?

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    so does that mean you can go more low now?

on a side note...was there anything under the car other than the jack in case it failed?
    Haha, nah. This means I can keep my current lows without rubbing.

There wasn't anything under it.
    -Dimitri; 19

98 Dakar Yellow M3
    Recaro - Ground Control - Macht Schnell - AP - Mashaw - UUC - Schroth - Apex - TMS

The part that rubs is the front section of the rear fender. On the driver's side I remember I had to tuck more metal in at about 10 o' clock. My rubber disappeared after that. The rear bumper clip bolt wasn't the culprit when I was trying to diagnose. Watch out for the sealing of the inside fender. Make sure it's sealed really good because water will get in there and will rust as my 330 did. No matter what the pressure from the roller causes micro fractures in the paint especially at the edge that you may not see. I did all the right things when I rolled my fender with a heat gun except seal it.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    The part that rubs is the front section of the rear fender. On the driver's side I remember I had to tuck more metal in at about 10 o' clock. My rubber disappeared after that. The rear bumper clip bolt wasn't the culprit when I was trying to diagnose. Watch out for the sealing of the inside fender. Make sure it's sealed really good because water will get in there and will rust as my 330 did. No matter what the pressure from the roller causes micro fractures in the paint especially at the edge that you may not see. I did all the right things when I rolled my fender with a heat gun except seal it.
    yeah that's the exact same place for me. except on my car, it was also rubbing on the bumper so i had to cut that too. but i sealed everything up. doesn't matter though cause i'm getting m3 rear fenders some day anyways

You'll still want to roll them...LOL. My moto: Life's too short to stay completely stock. haha
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    Hmm, I'll have to look again at that. The rms guy was convinced it was rear section. Doesn't the rear tow make the rear section more likely?
    -Dimitri; 19

98 Dakar Yellow M3

Page 964 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 4648649149549629639649659669741014106414641964 ... LastLast