Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2573 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 15732073247325232563257125722573257425752583 ... LastLast
Results 25,721 to 25,730 of 26150
    Welp. Someone backed into the ZHP this morning on the way to the office.

Dude in a lifted TJ slipped off the clutch too early while pulling away from an uphill light. One of his back wheels rolled into the right side of the front bumper. We were spaced well but by the time he caught it I was out of room to back up and he was out of room to finish saving it.

Honestly didn't do too much. Turned what was a hairline surface crack into a large crack and wrecked the fog light assembly.

But, I was going to order another front bumper cover in a month or so anyways. Too many miles and track days on this one.

Guy was super torn and felt terrible. Told him not to worry about it and it could have been worse. Plus, we both had to get to work lol.

So, now I have an excuse to go ahead and snag a new one from Umnitza.

Sent from my LG Wing and a prayer using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fenrir; 05-13-2022 at 06:15 PM. Reason: typo

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

Sorry to hear the news. Luckily the damage sounds minor. Any pics ?
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Sorry to hear the news. Luckily the damage sounds minor. Any pics ?
    I'll post some pics up in a bit

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post

I’m actually probably gonna get my new bumper from them too. My dad trashed the shit out of mine haha. He also offered to buy me a new one but I’m in the same boat as you: “I was planning on getting a new one anyway”

Thinking about getting mine prepainted silvergray by umnitza. Is that the way to go, or should I have a shop do the priming and paint work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    I’m actually probably gonna get my new bumper from them too. My dad trashed the shit out of mine haha. He also offered to buy me a new one but I’m in the same boat as you: “I was planning on getting a new one anyway”

Thinking about getting mine prepainted silvergray by umnitza. Is that the way to go, or should I have a shop do the priming and paint work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry about your bumper as well lol. The nice thing is that these aren't horrifically expensive to replace.

I'm ordering mine pre-painted. I've heard good things about it and if they have the same paint guy they did a few years back, he's pretty spot on. I may tack on some other goodies from them while I'm at it.

-Ben

Guy was super torn and felt terrible. Told him not to worry about it and it could have been worse. Plus, we both had to get to work lol.

Nice to see you turn a negative experince into a positive one Ben!

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Nice to see you turn a negative experience into a positive one Ben!
    Thanks brother . I was honestly more surprised than anything. But, we were both okay . After spending years responding to car accidents, it really helps put into perspective what matters.

Plus....It's an excuse to buy car parts!!!! Like I need an excuse lol.

*edit* Aaaaand now I'm on ECS looking at quad piston brake upgrades cause "I'll be working on the front end anyways.".... I need help, lol.

-Ben

Ha, speaking of bumper damage, a while back I came out to my car in the parking lot to some new scuffs, a blister, and a crack in the paint:

Filled the crack with some touch-up paint, unfortunately this is the best it'll get. Why do people just suck - I had the rear bumper completely repainted last year or the year before, so it was pristine up to this point.

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Ha, speaking of bumper damage, a while back I came out to my car in the parking lot to some new scuffs, a blister, and a crack in the paint:

Filled the crack with some touch-up paint, unfortunately this is the best it'll get. Why do people just suck - I had the rear bumper completely repainted last year or the year before, so it was pristine up to this point.
    Totaled might as well repaint the whole car now.

330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

What did you do for your ZHP/ BMW / MINI today? #2

Thanks brother . I was honestly more surprised than anything. But, we were both okay . After spending years responding to car accidents, it really helps put into perspective what matters.

Plus....It's an excuse to buy car parts!!!! Like I need an excuse lol.

*edit* Aaaaand now I'm on ECS looking at quad piston brake upgrades cause "I'll be working on the front end anyways.".... I need help, lol.
    Regarding brake upgrades, this time around I went with the Wilwood 4-piston brake upgrade and admit these calipers really bite and provide better performance over the stock brake calipers.

With that said, the Wilwood setup is far from "plug and play" as they use shims (washers) to line them up and it takes numerous trials to get them lined up right. This is the only short fall to using these but replacement calipers are so much more affordable and getting the kit for these are much cheaper than going for the Brembo BBKs.

This season I will start working on my rear brakes so my ZHP will have Wilwood calipers at all 4 corners

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

Page 2573 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 15732073247325232563257125722573257425752583 ... LastLast