Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2450 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1450195023502400244024482449245024512452246025002550 ... LastLast
Results 24,491 to 24,500 of 26150
    I live in the seattle area, and it mainly just rains in the fall and winter. Occasionally we will get frozen/snowy weather, but not enough to justify (at least imo) getting a dedicated set of winter tires.
    Would you guys recommend an all-seasons set for year round, or should invest in summer and non-summer sets?
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    I live in the seattle area, and it mainly just rains in the fall and winter. Occasionally we will get frozen/snowy weather, but not enough to justify (at least imo) getting a dedicated set of winter tires.
    Would you guys recommend an all-seasons set for year round, or should invest in summer and non-summer sets?
    Hmmmm. How many days a year would you say you get snow and ice? I feel like you could get away with all-seasons if it's less than a week per year. I've driven all-seasons in heavy snow and slush. It's definitely doable, but there's a clear performance difference between that and dedicated winters.

On another note, I was helping my friend diagnose a small coolant leak, which seems to be from the heater core. With my car in storage it was a good opportunity to test fit my alignment jig. Both the front and rear went in quite nice, but snug. I plan on wrapping either pool noodle or MF towel where the extrusions rub against the paint, I'm hoping there's enough leeway to allow for that without having to remake longer horizontal members. I'll leave it for now and re-assess when my car comes back out of storage in April.

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Good to hear re suspension. Curious how you picked that one and how you like it. Def a bummer re car wash, I assume the accept no responsibility?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Good to hear re suspension. Curious how you picked that one and how you like it. Def a bummer re car wash, I assume the accept no responsibility?

John—the sign outside the wash expressly disavowed any responsibility for damages; and I didn’t immediately discover them anyway. I considered KW V3s and Clubsports, but also read the E46 M3 fora to glean their impressions. I considered TC Kline, too, but ultimately based my decision on reputation, user reviews and amount of lowering. On paper at least, the Öhlins came out better than the KWs and no worse than the TC Klines. Besides a little more ‘bounce’ at my current damping settings, I’m enjoying the Öhlins; they feel very solid, competent and reassuring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run cheap all seasons through the NC piedmont winter (snows like 2-3 days tops) then go back to max performance summers (ps4s) once the nightime lows are consistently >40F. If I wasn't doing autocross or anything, I'd just run the best all seasons year round (michelin psas4). The performance out of them really negates the need for a summer compound for anything you'll do on the street.

My main reason to select All Seasons was : more miles for my money. Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 has 45k miles warranty. Pilot Sport 4S has 30k miles warranty.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    My main reason to select All Seasons was : more miles for my money. Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 has 45k miles warranty. Pilot Sport 4S has 30k miles warranty.
    Warranty is cut in half if tires are staggered fyi

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Warranty is cut in half if tires are staggered fyi

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    That's bitten me before; Discount Tire wasn't really upfront about that.
    2005 Jet Black ZHP Sedan "Adriana" || TunedByDaniel || BMW Alarm + Fuel Lock || ORION V4s || Eagle Eyes || 435i Coupe Sport Seats || Perforated Leather X5 M-Sport Wheel || FLOW Designs Lip

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I run cheap all seasons through the NC piedmont winter (snows like 2-3 days tops) then go back to max performance summers (ps4s) once the nightime lows are consistently >40F. If I wasn't doing autocross or anything, I'd just run the best all seasons year round (michelin psas4). The performance out of them really negates the need for a summer compound for anything you'll do on the street.
    Since I am known to occasionally (frequently) test the limits of tire adhesion on cloverleafs and other curvy roads, I prefer to stick with the grippiest summer tires I can afford—Pilot Supersports. I’ll trade tire life for wet/dry grip every time—at least, so long as I’m driving anything that encourages ‘spirited’ driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a set of PS 4S's (those are the summer tires), and absolutely love them, they are very sticky! Happy Thanksgiving!

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

New tires installed at Costco today: Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4. First time I buy tires there. It was not bad at all: my appt was at 2 pm and the car was ready at 3 pm. Interesting fact: the front tires are made in USA, the rears in Mexico. And I got green valve caps. I assume that’s because they use nitrogen.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 2450 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1450195023502400244024482449245024512452246025002550 ... LastLast