Page 2450 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 1450195023502400244024482449245024512452 ... LastLast
Results 24,491 to 24,500 of 24591

Thread: What did you do for your ZHP/ BMW / MINI today? #2

  1. #24491
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    545
    I live in the seattle area, and it mainly just rains in the fall and winter. Occasionally we will get frozen/snowy weather, but not enough to justify (at least imo) getting a dedicated set of winter tires.
    Would you guys recommend an all-seasons set for year round, or should invest in summer and non-summer sets?
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

  2. #24492
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    I live in the seattle area, and it mainly just rains in the fall and winter. Occasionally we will get frozen/snowy weather, but not enough to justify (at least imo) getting a dedicated set of winter tires.
    Would you guys recommend an all-seasons set for year round, or should invest in summer and non-summer sets?
    Hmmmm. How many days a year would you say you get snow and ice? I feel like you could get away with all-seasons if it's less than a week per year. I've driven all-seasons in heavy snow and slush. It's definitely doable, but there's a clear performance difference between that and dedicated winters.


    On another note, I was helping my friend diagnose a small coolant leak, which seems to be from the heater core. With my car in storage it was a good opportunity to test fit my alignment jig. Both the front and rear went in quite nice, but snug. I plan on wrapping either pool noodle or MF towel where the extrusions rub against the paint, I'm hoping there's enough leeway to allow for that without having to remake longer horizontal members. I'll leave it for now and re-assess when my car comes back out of storage in April.

    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)


  3. #24493
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    South Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Good to hear re suspension. Curious how you picked that one and how you like it. Def a bummer re car wash, I assume the accept no responsibility?

    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Good to hear re suspension. Curious how you picked that one and how you like it. Def a bummer re car wash, I assume the accept no responsibility?

    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    John—the sign outside the wash expressly disavowed any responsibility for damages; and I didn’t immediately discover them anyway. I considered KW V3s and Clubsports, but also read the E46 M3 fora to glean their impressions. I considered TC Kline, too, but ultimately based my decision on reputation, user reviews and amount of lowering. On paper at least, the Öhlins came out better than the KWs and no worse than the TC Klines. Besides a little more ‘bounce’ at my current damping settings, I’m enjoying the Öhlins; they feel very solid, competent and reassuring.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #24494
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2,920
    I run cheap all seasons through the NC piedmont winter (snows like 2-3 days tops) then go back to max performance summers (ps4s) once the nightime lows are consistently >40F. If I wasn't doing autocross or anything, I'd just run the best all seasons year round (michelin psas4). The performance out of them really negates the need for a summer compound for anything you'll do on the street.

  5. #24495
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    6,304
    My main reason to select All Seasons was : more miles for my money. Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 has 45k miles warranty. Pilot Sport 4S has 30k miles warranty.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    150,000 miles

  6. #24496
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    22841
    Posts
    9,683
    Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    My main reason to select All Seasons was : more miles for my money. Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 has 45k miles warranty. Pilot Sport 4S has 30k miles warranty.
    Warranty is cut in half if tires are staggered fyi

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

    His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

    Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

  7. #24497
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Warranty is cut in half if tires are staggered fyi

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    That's bitten me before; Discount Tire wasn't really upfront about that.
    2005 Jet Black ZHP Sedan "Adriana" || TunedByDaniel || BMW Alarm + Fuel Lock || ORION V4s || Eagle Eyes || 435i Coupe Sport Seats || Perforated Leather X5 M-Sport Wheel || FLOW Designs Lip

  8. #24498
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    South Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I run cheap all seasons through the NC piedmont winter (snows like 2-3 days tops) then go back to max performance summers (ps4s) once the nightime lows are consistently >40F. If I wasn't doing autocross or anything, I'd just run the best all seasons year round (michelin psas4). The performance out of them really negates the need for a summer compound for anything you'll do on the street.
    Since I am known to occasionally (frequently) test the limits of tire adhesion on cloverleafs and other curvy roads, I prefer to stick with the grippiest summer tires I can afford—Pilot Supersports. I’ll trade tire life for wet/dry grip every time—at least, so long as I’m driving anything that encourages ‘spirited’ driving.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #24499
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    17,585
    I got a set of PS 4S's (those are the summer tires), and absolutely love them, they are very sticky! Happy Thanksgiving!

    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"


    ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, Ground Control Coilovers, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

  10. #24500
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    6,304
    New tires installed at Costco today: Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4. First time I buy tires there. It was not bad at all: my appt was at 2 pm and the car was ready at 3 pm. Interesting fact: the front tires are made in USA, the rears in Mexico. And I got green valve caps. I assume that’s because they use nitrogen.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    150,000 miles

Page 2450 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 1450195023502400244024482449245024512452 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mini Meet and Shoot
    By M0nk3y in forum Everything Non ZHP (the place for non-ZHP photos)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 08:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •