Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2555 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 155520552455250525452553255425552556255725652605 ... LastLast
Results 25,541 to 25,550 of 26150
    Well I watched the video and the consensus is that the Bridgestone absolutely disintegrates on track. So for $200, I don't have to buy a new set of tires every other track day which makes them cheaper in the long run. So now that I want a tire everyone else wants, now I am hitting supply chain issues.

What did you do for your ZHP/ BMW / MINI today? #2

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Well I watched the video and the consensus is that the Bridgestone absolutely disintegrates on track. So for $200, I don't have to buy a new set of tires every other track day which makes them cheaper in the long run. So now that I want a tire everyone else wants, now I am hitting supply chain issues.
    Don’t get PS4S if you like fun!!! Once I put them on I couldn’t slide or drift, even in the rain they won’t let go. I used to be able to enjoy low speed 15-30mph drifts but now I have to hammer the corners hard to even have it let loose. There is way too much grip in these tires…no good. High G forces make me dizzy now.

Sincerely,
    A concerned hooner who can’t hoon anymore.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Check out the Firehawk Indy 500s, very hard to beat that on rain performance IMO.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Check out the Firehawk Indy 500s, very hard to beat that on rain performance IMO.
    I ran the Indy's over two sets of tires and convinced two of my friends to do the same. I mean I don't know what performance you experienced. The general consensus among us three was that dry grip was great but wet grip was awful. Stiff sidewall gave such great feedback and they told you when you were close to the limit but really fell apart with wet performance. But yeah now I will be tracking more and I only want one set of wheels so I'm looking for the 300TW category.

But you could beat on the Indy's constantly them and they would just last forever. They knew how to take abuse. But the Indy's are $200/tire, so OTD price of Indy's compared to any runner up of a PS4S was like $60-$80 difference. I was dead set on the Bridgestone but if you saw that video I linked above, when they all did the same mileage, most tires lost less than 6% tread while the Bridgestone lost 40%. Under 10 laps! So with that information, I decided the premium for PS4S would save me money long term if I have a track heavy summer as I anticipate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    Don’t get PS4S if you like fun!!! Once I put them on I couldn’t slide or drift, even in the rain they won’t let go. I used to be able to enjoy low speed 15-30mph drifts but now I have to hammer the corners hard to even have it let loose. There is way too much grip in these tires…no good. High G forces make me dizzy now.

Sincerely,
    A concerned hooner who can’t hoon anymore.
    Hah, well for me the car ONLY likes to play when you hammer the corners! Gotta set your sway bars, and stiffen up the rear. 235hp just doesn't do much for any twitching in a straight line (except if it's raining apparently). But who knows! Maybe I'll do a big horsepower this year...

Also I am still waiting for some nice weather to take some good photos of my new car! The rain is relentless

love the grip on my ps4s

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I ran the Indy's over two sets of tires and convinced two of my friends to do the same. I mean I don't know what performance you experienced. The general consensus among us three was that dry grip was great but wet grip was awful. Stiff sidewall gave such great feedback and they told you when you were close to the limit but really fell apart with wet performance. But yeah now I will be tracking more and I only want one set of wheels so I'm looking for the 300TW category.
    That's odd, dry and wet grip has been almost the same for me. Tested during Touge, autocross and street driving. I'm on my 4th set at the moment. Unfortunate about the price, in 18" they are only $150 per tire where I live.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

When I was looking around for tires I took a look through the tirerack tests, and the Firehawks were doing just okay in the wet.

Here's one: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests...y.jsp?ttid=235

There are more tests out there, some older ones. But based on this, from the UHP summer tire category the Generals and Falkens are good options. I went with General since they were cheaper.

I’m just stating my experience. YMMV. Tires are an oddly personal choice to me. I liked the Indy’s, but for my driving style they just didn’t work in the rain. The generals are comfier but they melted on track way too easy. I was very unhappy with them at the limit.

I’m just stating my experience. YMMV. Tires are an oddly personal choice to me. I liked the Indy’s, but for my driving style they just didn’t work in the rain. The generals are comfier but they melted on track way too easy. I was very unhappy with them at the limit.
    Yeah, most of my time will be spent in traffic, and no track days so I'm good with these. :D

WELL. I’ll eat my own words now. I have made over 15 calls for tires. At the end of the day I did find Michelins for the right price, but I didn’t like the installer or their warranty. I called my preferred shop of 7 years and they gave me a sweet deal to move to a tire they did have in stock…Indy 500’s! Here’s to hoping I get some improved wet performance

Page 2555 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 155520552455250525452553255425552556255725652605 ... LastLast