Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2523 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 152320232423247325132521252225232524252525332573 ... LastLast
Results 25,221 to 25,230 of 26150
    I went to a clients and parked on a hill so steep that my washer fluid light was on. I sat there for a while responding to messages and then getting directions.

As I was coming out of the tunnel of Highway 1 in San Francisco, the car did a brief stutter (WOT 3rd gear at 3.5k) and would not accelerate but held speed. I humbled myself and went back into sixth knowing the Golden Gate was a mile away. I tried flooring it in 6th while on the bridge to see if it was a hiccup or permanent issue. As I got to the other side, I went for 4th to go up the hill and speed up but WOT gave me no velocity. I sneakily exited as I slowly felt my car losing more and more power. Cruising in 5th had to become 4th, and then came third - each time only downshifting because the car doesn't have enough power to maintain speed.

Fuel pump definitely died. So like anyone else in this forum, I bought a Walbro 450lph and a Radium install kit. Got big, never-before-seen power plans in store and that pump should handle it.

And if I had a dollar for every time someone told me to replace the pump preventatively, it would have paid for the pump. I am my worst enemy

At least you're set now, good thing you weren't stranded on the bridge!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Fuel pump definitely died. So like anyone else in this forum, I bought a Walbro 450lph and a Radium install kit. Got big, never-before-seen power plans in store and that pump should handle it.

And if I had a dollar for every time someone told me to replace the pump preventatively, it would have paid for the pump. I am my worst enemy
    If I weren't nervous enough about the fuel pump in my '74 2002tii failing now I have the ZHP to worry about! I've not read of this Walbro/Radium set-up, so will do some searching. Where did you buy yours/which model? Thanks!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Welcome to the club for fuel pump failures. Echoing John, glad you weren't stranded on the bridge.

+1. I replaced the fuel pump at 143k miles. Luckily it didn't fail on me. My symptom was the car didn't start randomly. Actually that was related to the alarm system.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    If I weren't nervous enough about the fuel pump in my '74 2002tii failing now I have the ZHP to worry about! I've not read of this Walbro/Radium set-up, so will do some searching. Where did you buy yours/which model? Thanks!
    I bought Radium directly from radium. For what it's worth they defaulted to a $15 shipping option that would take like five days but I switched it to the bottom option, USPS flat rate and it went down to $8 and two days. I bought the pump itself from JDT Racing. I asked them about counterfeits and got a very comforting email back from the owner. Pump comes tomorrow, Radium comes whenever that label makes it into the USPS system, seems I'll be stranded a few days. You can buy both the pump and adapter from Radium, but it was slightly cheaper through JDT. If I knew that was an option from the beginning I would have bought it all from Radium, but happy to give a smaller name company my business. Radium has an amazing E46 DIY on their site! Alas, I will do a video of the install anyway .

Pump: $119
    Adapter: $68
    Gasket + new lock ring per the suggestion of the shop I get parts from: $22
    Cost of a top notch pump that's E85 ready: $212, so a $60 premium over stock for a lot of flexibility. I also have an M3 fuel baffle I will put in as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Welcome to the club for fuel pump failures. Echoing John, glad you weren't stranded on the bridge.
    Hah, thanks! Failed at 133k or so. Yeah I had never been in a car with...well any real major engine issues so I didn't know what was going on, but it's clear now that I slowly lost fuel pressure, led to some 02 errors and codes on "tank 2". I was seriously petrified of being stranded on the bridge but persevered on with the absence of a check engine light! I just looked at the dash and said, "Well clearly I'm stupid because clearly my car is telling me there is nothing wrong" :Ronald

For anyone wondering about my keyless entry project! I am currently postponing it. It's just too quickly becoming a money game. F30 door handle pull is too long so would need the E46 one plastic glued on but still strong enough to pull on. I also need to modify the door handle bracket which is the easiest part. A custom bowden cable has to be made because an F30 and E90 bracket won't fit and the "pull straight out" door handle for E46 didn't have a bowden cable. Getting past these speed bumps is time consuming to find the right people with the right tools, a lot of measuring, some welding and lots of spare door mechanism parts...just felt it was best to take a break for the time.
    Last edited by YoitsTmac; 08-13-2021 at 05:14 PM.

Pump: $119
    Adapter: $68
    Gasket + new lock ring per the suggestion of the shop I get parts from: $22
    Cost of a top notch pump that's E85 ready: $212, so a $60 premium over stock for a lot of flexibility. I also have an M3 fuel baffle I will put in as well.
    What's the deal with E85? Are you planning to use it now? I wouldn't doubt that it's forced on us some time soon.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    What's the deal with E85? Are you planning to use it now? I wouldn't doubt that it's forced on us some time soon.
    I don't think it'll be forced on us soon but I have big power plans in the future with the goal of being faster than an E46 M3 at a minimum. Depending on my power goals (undecided) I may want E85, so it'll be nice to know the fuel system is ready for it in the event I decide to.

Well as some of you know, I bought som bucket seats for the ZHP. Short story, they didn't fit. Super bummed because the seats are super nice, light, FIA approved and super comfy. Not sure where my measurements went wrong but yea, it was wrong. Seats either push up against the center console near the shifter or against the B pillar. Tried using spacers, clocking the seat motor offset, moving seat up/down/left/right, just doesn't fit.

Bummer, they look good.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 2523 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 152320232423247325132521252225232524252525332573 ... LastLast