Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2478 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1478197823782428246824762477247824792480248825282578 ... LastLast
Results 24,771 to 24,780 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Every laser light I see on eBay is over a grand per side. Even the regular LED ones are close to a grand a piece used. Where are you seeing undamaged lights for that little?
    Every now and then a light comes in with broken glass and it demolishes the value. I assume you can't buy individual parts and sellers feel lucky to dump it at that point. I'm not actively looking anymore as my first priority is an LSD, but seems like a fun project down the line. The 8 series lights can sometimes be found for less than the G20, but I suspect the projector is the same and they're just dressed differently.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Botond used my wet/vac to clean up his rear bench seat which had some gas residue on the mess that was under the bench seat from when his fuel pump was replaced. Apparently the shop who worked on his car did not clean up the gas spill and debris around the fuel pump...
    Yikes! Sounds unnecessarily messy :/

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Replaced all the door interior trim clips with the exception of one door, as those were in new condition. Also cleaned out the fuel-soaked insulation under the rear bench seat that was a source of a heavy fuel smell. Going to have to get the rear bench professionally cleaned as the foam itself also smells like fuel. I forgot to take pics of how disgusting it is underneath there so I'll leave it to a detail shop. The fuel-soajed insulation has turned into a nast crumbly sludge. Pure cringe...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    WOOF I'd be surprised if that seat base is salvageable. Might have to get out the hog ring pliers and swap the cover over to a junkyard bench.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    WOOF I'd be surprised if that seat base is salvageable. Might have to get out the hog ring pliers and swap the cover over to a junkyard bench.
    I will be having a spare bench seat I would be happy to donate to Botond if he wants it.... excellent suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Every now and then a light comes in with broken glass and it demolishes the value. I assume you can't buy individual parts and sellers feel lucky to dump it at that point. I'm not actively looking anymore as my first priority is an LSD, but seems like a fun project down the line. The 8 series lights can sometimes be found for less than the G20, but I suspect the projector is the same and they're just dressed differently.
    What about these? It's mid $500's for a pair of them, and you won't have to worry about discarding unneeded projector assemblies.
    Charlie showed me these earlier: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/bi...SER?quantity=1

Personally I'm not crazy about the high beam lighting being so focused and not spread out, but it could be an interesting project.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I hope not, but we'll see. I've seen detailing shops work WONDERS on what appears to be totaled upholestery, removing horrendous stains from cloth seating and removing crazy smells. I was thinking of just dropping the car off at one of the shops down the road and letting them clean up the mess of years worth of dog fur (this really grinds my gears), disintegrated/sludged insulation material, and fuel saturation. The smell is mostly gone as it is, some hopefully wouldn't require too much work.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Changed oil/filter and started it up for the first time after thanksgiving since it ain’t snowing no more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Worked on several things on the new motor before it goes in the touring. New oil pan gasket, welded oil pump nut, new pillows, oil filter and gaskets, exhaust manifold "gaskets" and studs with e-torx heads, water pump, and will have a new thermostat when we get it off the engine hoist. There are more things to be done, but that's it for today.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Did my first repair in my stimmy ZHP; repaired the trunk harness so the release and the trunk lights work again. Gotta love easy repairs!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Cleaned and vacuumed the interior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

I had the local dealership come to my house to perform the airbag recall. Nice fella. Unfortunately, whomever worked on the airbag during the last recall was a real butcher. Discovered during disassembly:

- Broken trim pieces (esp. the overlapped area between the piece over the radio and the long piece below the airbag).
    - Missing screw from the air vent.
    - Broken/missing securement tab for the airbag connector.
    - Broken connector for the airbag electrical connection (held together by a zip tie to keep the two pieces securely attached).

He spoke to the shop foreman and they will goodwill the repair for the airbag electrical connector, but I'll have to bring the car into them.

That last butcher did a number during the last install. Glad it's going to be taken care of, if for nothing else the piece of mind.

Edit: words and grammar.

Finally after all these long lost months, I finally got a check from the Auto Airbag Settlement.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Page 2478 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1478197823782428246824762477247824792480248825282578 ... LastLast