Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2457 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1457195723572407244724552456245724582459246725072557 ... LastLast
Results 24,561 to 24,570 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Only downside to the armrest delete that I've noticed is that passengers don't have anywhere to put their arm so they just kind of awkwardly hang it in their lap.

Those nerds can pound sand though. Armrest delete is awesome for driving.
    Why do you y'all delete the arm rest? Are you bumping it while shifting, like a bunch of neanderthals?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Why do you y'all delete the arm rest? Are you bumping it while shifting, like a bunch of neanderthals?
    I’d think that bodies with greater presence of the interior will find sharing the same space to be annoying.

Others probably have extra long arms or have improper seating position resulting in flailing about the cabin to shift.

That’s all my theory though. I have never had an issue.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Unlike orientation of the key in the ignition, we can agree on this one. I've actually never driven my car with the armrest up, even when autox'ing or on track. Plus it'd feel weird not having somewhere to put my right elbow when cruising on the highway. And I need the extra storage, it's a good place to keep my phone charger!
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

What did you do for your ZHP/ BMW / MINI today? #2

I have gotten used to not having an arm rest in my M3 since I have installed an OEM CSL center console. It’s been this way for years now...

The arm rest that was in my ZHP was already in poor condition with the plastics in the inner compartment of the arm rest coming apart so when my Hazard/Door Lock switch fell thru my center console and would not stay in place I felt it was time to delete the arm rest in my car.

Having an arm rest is nice but since mine was trashed anyway, I figured I would go this route for my ZHP Something different

Sent from my iPhone 11 Pro Max using Tapatalk Pro

Sounds like this is ripe for another poll!

I'm firmly in the arm-rest camp. I love that thing. To each their own - I understand getting that thing out of the way for spirited driving, though. It can occasionally get in the way for shifting.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I have gotten used to not having an arm rest in my M3 since I have installed an OEM CSL center console. It’s been this way for years now...

The arm rest that was in my ZHP was already in poor condition with the plastics in the inner compartment of the arm rest coming apart so when my Hazard/Door Lock switch fell thru my center console and would not stay in place I felt it was time to delete the arm rest in my car.

Having an arm rest is nice but since mine was trashed anyway, I figured I would go this route for my ZHP Something different
    Completely fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post

I'm firmly in the arm-rest camp. I love that thing. To each their own - I understand getting that thing out of the way for spirited driving, though. It can occasionally get in the way for shifting.
    I have never once bumped my elbow shifting or found the arm rest in the way, but I also have a relatively tall torso so I sit up high. Both of my close friends put the armrest up so they can shift properly, both are shorter than me.

What did you do for your ZHP/ BMW / MINI today? #2

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post

I too have never had any issue shifting during spirited driving in my first ZHP with the arm rest. I actually like the arm rest. Just going a different route while erasing years of neglect on my current ZHP.

Weight reduction bro
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Weight reduction bro

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Only downside to the armrest delete that I've noticed is that passengers don't have anywhere to put their arm so they just kind of awkwardly hang it in their lap.

Those nerds can pound sand though. Armrest delete is awesome for driving.
    What is this passenger stuff. Armrest is all mine!

I find that the passenger can only get about a centimeter of armrest before it starts interfering with shifting. I can adjust, but it can throw me off if they try to hog the armrest. Should just tell them to get in the back.

Page 2457 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1457195723572407244724552456245724582459246725072557 ... LastLast