Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2473 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1473197323732423246324712472247324742475248325232573 ... LastLast
Results 24,721 to 24,730 of 26150
    ^ glad to hear that pesky passenger occupancy sensor is resolved.

Nice to have that done

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Boy, this week has been wild. 3 weeks after the first time, I find my E46 so dead it wouldn't even unlock. Got a jump, drove for an hour, and had Oreilley's run a test and it came back with a faulty voltage regulator. Ordered it on FCP with 3-day shipping. And to mitigate the issue, I leave the negative terminal unplugged when parked.

Fast forward to yesterday and I go to fire it up, and it would immediately start, and then die out as if it was out of gas. I've had this issue come up every 3 months or so and I fix it by getting out, locking it, unlocking it, and getting back in, but that didn't do it this time. Fuel filter is a year old, and it has a fresh fuel pump relay, I heard it priming. Bunch of troubleshooting led me nowhere. Pulled out PA Soft and get a shadow code for crankshaft sensor - seems valid enough. I clear the shadow in case it's been lingering there and it comes up again about three attempted starts later. Couldn't find a live readout in INPA to verify. Another FCP Order and 1 day shipping now

Fast forward to today, and I'm removing the alternator to expedite this entire process. I have only been under the hood of my e46 to top off oil over the 1.5 years. I remove the alternator and find a POOL of oil. It's in the crevices of the side of the block. It's on the engine arm. It's on the rack. I previously thought my OPG was leaking, but its way up the block. VANOS line is new, CCV is dry, and it's leaking to the front of the pan too - dripping down around all the pulleys, so it looks like OFHG. Since the alternator is out, I figure I'll just do it. I start my first full time job on Monday, so now there's no time for any day shipping, nor is it cost effective on a gasket like that. Dealer wants $18 for it. This'll be their only change to take my money.

An eventful week so far, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Boy, this week has been wild. 3 weeks after the first time, I find my E46 so dead it wouldn't even unlock. Got a jump, drove for an hour, and had Oreilley's run a test and it came back with a faulty voltage regulator. Ordered it on FCP with 3-day shipping. And to mitigate the issue, I leave the negative terminal unplugged when parked.

Fast forward to yesterday and I go to fire it up, and it would immediately start, and then die out as if it was out of gas. I've had this issue come up every 3 months or so and I fix it by getting out, locking it, unlocking it, and getting back in, but that didn't do it this time. Fuel filter is a year old, and it has a fresh fuel pump relay, I heard it priming. Bunch of troubleshooting led me nowhere. Pulled out PA Soft and get a shadow code for crankshaft sensor - seems valid enough. I clear the shadow in case it's been lingering there and it comes up again about three attempted starts later. Couldn't find a live readout in INPA to verify. Another FCP Order and 1 day shipping now

Fast forward to today, and I'm removing the alternator to expedite this entire process. I have only been under the hood of my e46 to top off oil over the 1.5 years. I remove the alternator and find a POOL of oil. It's in the crevices of the side of the block. It's on the engine arm. It's on the rack. I previously thought my OPG was leaking, but its way up the block. VANOS line is new, CCV is dry, and it's leaking to the front of the pan too - dripping down around all the pulleys, so it looks like OFHG. Since the alternator is out, I figure I'll just do it. I start my first full time job on Monday, so now there's no time for any day shipping, nor is it cost effective on a gasket like that. Dealer wants $18 for it. This'll be their only change to take my money.

An eventful week so far, to say the least.
    I can sympathize I am in the process of replacing my intake boot and what a PITA that has been! While everything is out I am seeing oil on my alternator which means I too will be cleaning out that area of my engine compartment and replacing my OFHG as well as getting a brand new alternator. Replacing the crankshaft position sensor is on my list of things to do but in my case it is preventive maintenance. I had one go out on my Audi which left me stranded on a very busy intersection during rush hour... not fun....

I also want to get a few more things done like new fuel pump/filter and new clutch slave cylinder and CDV delete...

Ordering parts from FCP is awesome though

There's something comforting knowing I'm not along, hah . Old intake boots can be a real pain to remove. That's what I replaced last time I was under the hood! Also a brand new alternator fiscally sounds just as painful, at least its right at the front and only a couple bolts! FCP is the best, I paid $45 over two orders to have a bunch of things arrive in 1-2 days. ECS would want my arm, liver and one lung in exchange for expedited shipping! Also, FCP seems to have the lowest prices around too...not sure how they do it but I'm about as close to a customer for life as I can get. Mild sadness because my clutch is on backorder in the event I need to warranty it, but I sent them the particles of my first clutch in a ziplock back and they processed my replacement! Truly a testament.

Good luck with the Crankshaft position sensor! I tried to prep the car today but called it quits with the crankshaft sensor. I couldn't squeeze my hand past that big, cylindrical, black reservoir that seemingly is just above it. I had to pick up a swivel joint and hope that gets me the room I need to move that black reservoir. Additionally, I suspect a decent argument could be made for replacing it from below. I don't know if anyone gets this way, but I was just adamant that I wasn't going to raise the car. Just no. Maybe it's because the rest of the work I'm doing is also from the top, but if you have a quick jack I'd see if you can get it from below!

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    There's something comforting knowing I'm not along, hah . Old intake boots can be a real pain to remove. That's what I replaced last time I was under the hood! Also a brand new alternator fiscally sounds just as painful, at least its right at the front and only a couple bolts! FCP is the best, I paid $45 over two orders to have a bunch of things arrive in 1-2 days. ECS would want my arm, liver and one lung in exchange for expedited shipping! Also, FCP seems to have the lowest prices around too...not sure how they do it but I'm about as close to a customer for life as I can get. Mild sadness because my clutch is on backorder in the event I need to warranty it, but I sent them the particles of my first clutch in a ziplock back and they processed my replacement! Truly a testament.

Good luck with the Crankshaft position sensor! I tried to prep the car today but called it quits with the crankshaft sensor. I couldn't squeeze my hand past that big, cylindrical, black reservoir that seemingly is just above it. I had to pick up a swivel joint and hope that gets me the room I need to move that black reservoir. Additionally, I suspect a decent argument could be made for replacing it from below. I don't know if anyone gets this way, but I was just adamant that I wasn't going to raise the car. Just no. Maybe it's because the rest of the work I'm doing is also from the top, but if you have a quick jack I'd see if you can get it from below!
    At this point in my life there are some things I will still tackle but the crankshaft position sensor is not one of those items. I will take my ZHP to an indy shop near me and have them do the crankshaft position sensor, clutch slave cylinder (also doing the CDV delete) replacements and also have them completely flush out my brake system again just to make sure the fluid is perfectly clean. The last time I did a brake system flush the fluid looked like engine oil, it was that bad... Some people should not be allowed to have nice cars because they ruin them... just saying....

Yes, I agree with everything you are saying about FCP Euro. Those guys are the best and I love that they offer lifetime warranty on everything they sell which is why I got my Bilstein PSS-10s from them

New battery for the m3. I went with a Everstart AGM from Walmart, $169.77 (link). The regular lead acid version was $149, so I thought why not and splurged on the AGM.

Last battery was from 2015, and was the lead acid version from Walmart. Never had a problem with it.

Spring clean up day! Clear sky’s under a tornado watch.

Sent from my iPhone Xs using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

I like the one with "Tate Services" in the background. Perhaps you can post it here:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...d-convertibles
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Page 2473 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1473197323732423246324712472247324742475248325232573 ... LastLast