Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 634 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 13453458462463263363463563664468473411341634 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,340 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post
    Any recommendations on some pulley kits?

Turner? Evosport?

http://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac-...set-p1402.aspx

This really appeals to me but its for E36 m52, I have m52tu.. Would it still work?
    I'm sure they still work for the Tech Update engine

I installed a Dynavin D99+ in my 'vert this past weekend. Install went ok with a few discoveries of trim issues along the way which made the install take longer than I had hoped. Plus, running that ridiculously long cable from front to back (since I already had factory nav) was crazy. I ended up coming through on the driver's side, passing to the passenger side in front of the rear seats, then running forward under the door sills. I had hoped to bring it forward on the driver's side but coming up on the driver's kick plate (in the footwell) was not gonna be pretty.

So far, I am not thrilled about some of the odd functionality of this unit. Time will tell on how much I will really love it.

-r

Thorough wash and air dry of the 1999 E36M. I'm getting some light knocking from shifter area when I first start out. I'm thinking either Center Mount Bearing or Guilbo. I got a pretty good look at the Guilbo and it looks good so maybe CMB or CV joints?

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    Attachment 11404

Here's my tank. A little underwhelming compared to what the explosion felt like.
    Damn! That looks like a good reason to invest in the GAS low pressure ET cap.

http://germanautosolutions.com/bmw_s...12_bar_cap.php

EDIT: I just noticed they are backordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Imola.ZHP View Post
    Left her in the garage (yesterday) and hopped a plane direct to Tampa...

I'm jealous! It was -31 here yesterday morning. It's supposed to be about 60 degrees warmer today. Needless to say, my ZHP is tucked away in the garage.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by MrMaico View Post
    Damn! That looks like a good reason to invest in the GAS low pressure ET cap.

http://germanautosolutions.com/bmw_s...12_bar_cap.php

EDIT: I just noticed they are backordered.

I'm jealous! It was -31 here yesterday morning. It's supposed to be about 60 degrees warmer today. Needless to say, my ZHP is tucked away in the garage.

Barry
    I'm still undecided on the GAS cap. I know it is much more likely to prevent a catastrophic failure of the expansion tank, but ever since the install I've been losing small amounts of coolant. My coolant runs from max level to min level in a few months (3-4), so I find myself adding a little every now and then. Before I never even had to add a drop. I can't find a leak anywhere. I believe it must be venting out during high pressure so i may put on the OEM one and monitor it some more.
    Fuelly

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianZHP View Post
    I'm still undecided on the GAS cap. I know it is much more likely to prevent a catastrophic failure of the expansion tank, but ever since the install I've been losing small amounts of coolant. My coolant runs from max level to min level in a few months (3-4), so I find myself adding a little every now and then. Before I never even had to add a drop. I can't find a leak anywhere. I believe it must be venting out during high pressure so i may put on the OEM one and monitor it some more.
    Mine seems to lose a very small amount as well.

I can't find a leak but every once and a while I can smell it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

The OEM caps are designed to leak a bit under high pressure, so this cap probably just lowers the threshold? Seems like a top up every 4 months would be normal.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    The OEM caps are designed to leak a bit under high pressure, so this cap probably just lowers the threshold? Seems like a top up every 4 months would be normal.
    My understanding is that you should never really have to top off coolant, and certainly not every 4 months. It's a closed system. There shouldn't be any appreciative fluid loss unless there's a leak.

I was never sold on the GAS cap. BMW engineers picked the higher-pressure cap for a reason.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianZHP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 328ioc View Post
    Mine seems to lose a very small amount as well.

I can't find a leak but every once and a while I can smell it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Hmmm.....Thanks for the first hand info guys. I've been going back and forth about getting one myself. I can't help but wonder if there might be some reason no one knows about for BMW to have used such a high pressure OE cap.

I always have used a bit of coolant myself. Not a lot, maybe 3 or 4 ounces a few times a year and I don't see any evidence of a leak either. I'd be interested to see if you find a difference if/when you try going back to the stock cap.

I'll probably just order one when they're back in stock and see if I notice any difference in my coolant temps.

I'm with Keith and was never comfortable with a lower pressure cap. I just bought a new factory one when I did my cooling system

Page 634 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 13453458462463263363463563664468473411341634 ... LastLast