Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2534 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 153420342434248425242532253325342535253625442584 ... LastLast
Results 25,331 to 25,340 of 26150
    95% of the time, "You will not find one cleaner than this, period!" is inadvertent coded language (to me) for, "I am overvaluing my mid-tier condition car because I know the market is hot." I've interacted with enough people through Craigslist to feel comfortable with that claim.

It's difficult for me to understand how someone could drive that car regularly with that steering wheel as it is. You have to touch it for the majority of a drive, I wouldn't be able to put up with it, and would feel cheap whenever I had a passenger. While maybe that's acceptable to other people, it is red/orange flag for me because if they're willing to put up with that, what else are they okay with for the rest of the car?

There are some other odd aesthetic choices (to me) like the wrapped/painted roof, wrapped/painted side mirror mounts, missing fog light covers, rear painted diffuser. Also, what is happening with that other blue BMW in the background? It has 330Ci headlights, an M3-CSL front bumper that doesn't fit, and with the air intake inlet painted over?

One thing I will say though, Black Cube trim in the coupe scratches if you even *look* at it, so I wouldn't fault the guy for that. I have never seen a coupe without scratches on its door trim, it's just the coupe way. I genuinely marvel at how BMW got them out of the factory and onto the showroom floor without scratches.

All in all, while it does generally look "clean" and has a mouthwatering color combo (IMO), the maintenance needs and automatic makes it overpriced.

That AW coupe looks very decent. For comparison, I bought my 2005 sedan with 137k miles on the clock. The only suspension work it had done at that point was:

90k miles = control arm bushings
    126k miles = rear trailing arm bushings

I was very happy with the way the car drove after my purchase. But I decided to refresh the suspension at 150k miles. My main reason was : cupping tires. It was time to buy new tires and I didn't want the new set to be cupped eventually.

In your case, since the seller had the car for a long time (10+ years) very likely he can't tell the suspension doesn't feel like before because he doesn't have a clear "before" and "after" pic. For the "slow AT" factor, you may consider a Sprint Booster. That mod makes a day and night difference on the driving experience.

I also wonder why the rear diffuser was painted white. Hope this helps.

Edit: and yes, the price seems a little high.
    Last edited by fredo; 09-16-2021 at 07:01 AM.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Thanks everyone. Last night I was like "what's $2k in the grand scheme of things when the condition is this good?" but you guys are really keeping me leveled out. I hope he will take 10 or 10.5. I won't pay more thanks to you guys. It's incredibly hard for me to walk away, but you're all absolutely right.

I need to swallow my damn pride here and just drive the company cars for a while.

^ Two months ago someone was selling a 2010 335i locally for $12,000 on CL. It didn't sell, so they posted it on Autotrader for $10,500 and it sold in a week or so. There's hope. I remember that car because the miles were low.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Checked out a ZHP...

https://imgur.com/a/jmCoKHW
    From the pictures, it looks to be in pretty good condition. And with the current used prices, I feel like the seller is on the mark as far as listing prices go. Because I have seen way worst condition zhps go for that much. Sometimes with like 2x the miles which is BS lol But I would just negotiate down to like 10k or something. Even then I'd rather just pick up a normal 330. I literally did the exact same thing you're going through now. I found a ZHP I wanted, but it was in worst than described condition (and I flew to Norcal to see it, that bastard). I walked away and got my current 330 for cheaper and better condition. Rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    ^ Two months ago someone was selling a 2010 335i locally for $12,000 on CL. It didn't sell, so they posted it on Autotrader for $10,500 and it sold in a week or so. There's hope. I remember that car because the miles were low.
    My friend bought a 6-speed 128i. It was listed for $11k for 2 weeks, then down to $9.9k. Long story short he offered $6.5k after looking at the car, and they met smack-dab in the middle at... $6.6k. He was a shrewd negotiator for sure

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

What did you do for your ZHP/ BMW / MINI today? #2

Thanks for the comments guys. Well as of now I have been unsuccessful even reaching out to the owner. He is definitely not a guy that is always near his phone or likes being in his phone, but it is annoying.

I have a locked price in my head that I think he’d take. But yeah I don’t know his schedule or what. He has been constantly promising carfax and never provides them. He said he’s retired so I will give him a ring at 10. For someone with no receipts, the carfax better list stuff (according to him, it has “all the maintenance”)

Edit: body shop called me on car arrival to say my E46 was a total loss. The damage to the right side pulled the left side. Such is life.

If I can find a replacement car, I have a manual sedan in black for sale

Only coupe life for me! But thank you

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Only coupe life for me! But thank you
    Live that *ungh ugh mph, uhhhhhhhh SLUMP* ingress life of wide coupe door and a narrow entry.

Page 2534 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 153420342434248425242532253325342535253625442584 ... LastLast