Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1828 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 8281328172817781818182618271828182918301838187819282328 ... LastLast
Results 18,271 to 18,280 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by KendrickC View Post
    Jesus... I would swap my brushed aluminium for that any day of the week holy crap.

On topic: reinstalled stock airbox and removed the BMW performance I take for sale.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    How come?

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    How come?
    Through obd2 readings it was causing my long term fuel trims to rich out (-10 both banks) switching back to stock fixed that issue. Also frees up funds for a catch can!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

'03 325i 6MT Individual - Estoril Blue

Switched to the M3 oil filler cap. Looks much nicer than the stock square Castrol cap!

5/2003 Silbergrau Metallic ZHP
    - Sedan :: 6MT :: Style 68 -
    h&r | drvanos | koni | active autowerke | vibrant | akg | turner

This week has been spent slowly preparing the 911 for hibernation.

Tuesday
    • swapped over to the original Carrera S II wheels with the older Michelins, so I can put my Carrera Sports with the new Michelins into the basement for the winter

Thursday
    • changed the oil & filter, let the old oil drain for 2 hours
    • packed up most of the car chemicals and put them in the basement for the season
    • reorganized a big storage shelf that will be inaccessible with the 911 parked in front of it

Friday
    • took the car to the Porsche dealer to find out why I was getting a CEL - turns out my oil filler tube is getting old and brittle, and not sealing well with the oil cap. They managed to get it tight on there, but recommended replacement in the spring. Unfortunately, it's a bitch to install, and will likely take 2 hours labour making this a $400+ repair
    • filled up the tank with Sta-bil and fresh 94 octane

Today
    • installed a shelf above the 911's garage spot to store some summer-only stuff
    • gave the car, wheels and tires a thorough wash in 4C/39F and pouring rain, brought the car into the garage and dried it

Tomorrow will be the big day to park the car into it's resting spot for the next 5 months, on a sheet of plastic with the overinflated tires on HD styrofoam pads. It will be interesting, as the new parking spot for the car is really tight and it will take some very precise positioning. Once it's parked, I'll plug in the battery maintainer, give the car a big hug, and put the car covers on it. Yes, covers - I use a soft, fitted Porsche indoor cover against the paint, and then cover that with a multi-fit all-weather car cover to keep any snow that blows into the garage from wetting the indoor cover, as well as keeping all the dust off it.

Then, for the next five months.... anticipation!
    orange260z

2009 Porsche Carrera S Coupe PDK/Sport Chrono Plus - Porsche Racing Green / Sand Beige Full Leather
    1999 Miata - Brilliant Black/Tan Leather

Quote Originally Posted by Aeternalis View Post
    Switched to the M3 oil filler cap. Looks much nicer than the stock square Castrol cap!
    Any functional changes besides metal over plastic?

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Nice work Ayan. Good stuff Dane.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    Any functional changes besides metal over plastic?
    I imagine the new rubber gasket may form a better seal than the old one on the OE cap. But I changed mine for purely aesthetic reasons.

Also: installed new BMW Performance gloss black grilles. The ones I took off were super janky eBay specials I'm sure. Forgive me for the lack of washing..

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

5/2003 Silbergrau Metallic ZHP
    - Sedan :: 6MT :: Style 68 -
    h&r | drvanos | koni | active autowerke | vibrant | akg | turner

Quote Originally Posted by Aeternalis View Post
    I imagine the new rubber gasket may form a better seal than the old one on the OE cap. But I changed mine for purely aesthetic reasons.

Also: installed new BMW Performance gloss black grilles. The ones I took off were super janky eBay specials I'm sure. Forgive me for the lack of washing..

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Ahh much better!

18x9 ET 42 Apex EC-7's / BC Racing BR Type Coilovers / GruppeM Intake
    ECS SS Brake Lines / Coby Wheel Wrap w/ Tri-Stitch / 35% Tint / BavSound Stage 1 / Stett Intake Boots / OE Euro Clears

My project from today. E90 oil filter housing gasket. Conveniently place at the top of the engine on these.

That one bolt was odd to get too, but overall not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I don't care if the door gaps are straight. When the driver steps on the gas I want him to sheet his pant's." Enzo Ferrari

Page 1828 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 8281328172817781818182618271828182918301838187819282328 ... LastLast