Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2490 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1490199023902440248024882489249024912492250025402590 ... LastLast
Results 24,891 to 24,900 of 26150
    Replaced my front wheel bearings today. It went a lot faster and easier than I anticipated. Car feels like it's riding on clouds now.

Name:  photo_2021-05-19_20-44-55.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  154.0 KBName:  photo_2021-05-19_20-44-57.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  159.9 KB
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    Replaced my front wheel bearings today. It went a lot faster and easier than I anticipated. Car feels like it's riding on clouds now.

Name:  photo_2021-05-19_20-44-55.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  154.0 KBName:  photo_2021-05-19_20-44-57.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  159.9 KB
    Glad to hear the the fronts aren't too bad - I dread the day I have to do my rears, heard too many horror stories of how the halfshaft spline into the hub gets super seized

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Same here. I do not even what to think how much struggle it will be for me to replace my rear bearings. I mentally preparing myself to install used rust free rear axels. Vas was changing them a few years ago and had to use a press, which broke the axels. My rusty touring will be the same for sure.
    That will be my winter project to replace all bearings, most likely rear axels and replace all components for ebrake.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I got my rear bearings replaced last week at ZHPizza's special mechanic. I actually brought my car to my own mechanic almost 2 months ago and he said he couldn't get the bearing out after trying for 3 straight hours. Luckily, ZHPizza's guy was able to do it, but I did ask in the German forums and what they do when all fails is bring their cars to a truck shop and let them do it with the heavy duty tools.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by RUS_ZHP View Post
    ...replace all components for ebrake.
    Right, yeah you have Slater's car. Oh god... the shoes/springs/all other parts within the hub are relatively easy. But if you have to do the cables it's not gonna be a good time. I spent like 2 hours on all the parts within the hub and 2 full days fighting to get the old cables out of the tiny holes in the subframe.

Quote Originally Posted by Galapolis View Post
    I did ask in the German forums and what they do when all fails is bring their cars to a truck shop and let them do it with the heavy duty tools.
    oooooooof damn
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Yeah rear wheels bearings are a pita with a car that is from the north or seen any type of winter.

Hubs, bearings, e-brake cables, parking brake hardware and shoes, dust shields, and a bunch of other stuff gets replaced.

If anyone needs the genuine bmw tool to remove and install the bearings send me a dm. I purchased it when I did the job and it's a lifesaver.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Before I make a thread, I wanted to see if anyone has an AL projector shroud for the passenger side? Broke my clips when trying to remove it. I tried to use the ZKW projector shroud but it doesn't fit. I see aftermarket ones but I can't find any threads/post about aftermarket ones fitting.

Thannks!

Quote Originally Posted by wstr75 View Post
    Crosswind steering input explanation:

https://engineering.stackexchange.co...ctive-steering

Assuming I read the article correctly, it sounds like your car behaved normally and explains why the steering wheel had to be turned into the wind to maintain a straight ahead course.
    Although I don't understand WHY, I understand what it's saying cause it. I have -8˚ of front caster so, the massive increase of caster over stock probably has a lot to do with it. I'll still check my steering guibo this weekend because when I grab the steering shaft, it knocks. So I think that's the noise I'm hearing every now and then. But all my steering vagueness is gone now that I re-tightened my wheel, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Yeah rear wheels bearings are a pita with a car that is from the north or seen any type of winter.

Hubs, bearings, e-brake cables, parking brake hardware and shoes, dust shields, and a bunch of other stuff gets replaced.

If anyone needs the genuine bmw tool to remove and install the bearings send me a dm. I purchased it when I did the job and it's a lifesaver.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Why'd you cut the RTA?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRichieRich View Post
    Before I make a thread, I wanted to see if anyone has an AL projector shroud for the passenger side? Broke my clips when trying to remove it. I tried to use the ZKW projector shroud but it doesn't fit. I see aftermarket ones but I can't find any threads/post about aftermarket ones fitting.

Thannks!

Almost helpful but I installed the morimoto mini d2s in my E46. I grab some tin snips and some sheet metal to make offset brackets. I then used very small screws and locking nuts to fasten the headlight housing and the projector to my offset brake. I've done 40,000 miles like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post

What happened to the trailing arm, Vas? Looks like it was cut.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRichieRich View Post

Thannks!
    I might have what you're looking for. PM me with a description/photos.

Page 2490 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1490199023902440248024882489249024912492250025402590 ... LastLast