Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2459 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1459195923592409244924572458245924602461246925092559 ... LastLast
Results 24,581 to 24,590 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by PdZHP View Post
    Had some time off, so decided to do the following for the touring since it developed a small coolant leak:

-Replaced x2 hard coolant hoses, rest of the cooling system replaced this last summer
    -Replaced intake manifold gasket
    -Replaced throttle body gasket
    -Rebuilt the disa valve with the GAS kit

Both are now good to go for many more miles!

I did the exact same thing except the disa rebuild (did ages ago).

Readjusted radiator mounting and fan as well.

Car heats up in no time now. Before it would take ten minutes or so. I suspect a blockage near the thermostat hardline area contributed to this.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

'03 325i 6MT Individual - Estoril Blue

Quote Originally Posted by KendrickC View Post
    I did the exact same thing except the disa rebuild (did ages ago).

Readjusted radiator mounting and fan as well.

Car heats up in no time now. Before it would take ten minutes or so. I suspect a blockage near the thermostat hardline area contributed to this.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    How long should it take for the M54 to heat up? Mine heats up after about 10 minutes of city driving. Is this not normal?
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Replaced my power steering pump, reservoir and reservoir lines today. As assumed when it happened. I confirmed that the shaft had fractured.

Back on February 15th, we took a drive back up into Tennessee. This was pre COVID restrictions by a week or two. First stop was Jack Daniels Distillery. When I started the car to leave, the power steering was gone. Everything else was working fine but no power steering. Made a few more stops and headed home to Alabama. Due to the social restrictions and the uncertain future, I chose to leave it sit in the garage.

Just finished things up but, waiting till daylight for the test drive. All seams good so, I’m not expecting any more issues.

Sent from my iPhone Xs using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    How long should it take for the M54 to heat up? Mine heats up after about 10 minutes of city driving. Is this not normal?
    I personally haven't been keeping track down to the minute but mine feels like it's around 5-10 minutes for coolant. Oil takes much longer, around 15-20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post
    Replaced my power steering pump, reservoir and reservoir lines today. As assumed when it happened. I confirmed that the shaft had fractured.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ZHPGUY View Post

Back on February 15th, we took a drive back up into Tennessee. This was pre COVID restrictions by a week or two. First stop was Jack Daniels Distillery. When I started the car to leave, the power steering was gone. Everything else was working fine but no power steering. Made a few more stops and headed home to Alabama. Due to the social restrictions and the uncertain future, I chose to leave it sit in the garage.

Just finished things up but, waiting till daylight for the test drive. All seams good so, I’m not expecting any more issues.

Huh, that's an odd failure, I wonder what caused the shaft to fracture. That reminds me that one or two of my lines appear a tad sweaty, but I suspect it's coming from the crimp clamps not being super tight
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    I personally haven't been keeping track down to the minute but mine feels like it's around 5-10 minutes for coolant. Oil takes much longer, around 15-20 minutes.

[FONT=Verdana]

Huh, that's an odd failure, I wonder what caused the shaft to fracture. That reminds me that one or two of my lines appear a tad sweaty, but I suspect it's coming from the crimp clamps not being super tight
    I’m not certain exactly what caused it but, it did happen on a restart with the wheels clocked neat lock (end of travel).

I did have an issue with that pump a few yeas prior. I had just made my way through some local switchbacks and when I made the next left, it sounded and acted like I was catching a mud flap on a knobby snow tire. It stayed like that for a while and I bought a new DD because of it. I had ordered a new pump and was ready to put it in but, before I did, I changed out some fluid with a turkey baster. I did it 2 or 3 times and the noise nearly went away. Drove it and it got better so, I returned the pump.

I did get another 3-4 or more years out of it but, it’s not a DD anymore.

Brembo Rotor

someone told me the power steering pumps on our engines are prone to failure. Is this true? how many miles did your pump last?
    ... Also are you using that CHF in your ZHP?
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    someone told me the power steering pumps on our engines are prone to failure. Is this true? how many miles did your pump last?
    ... Also are you using that CHF in your ZHP?
    The original lasted 161K. Not certain on the fluid but, it was also purchased from my BMW dealer.

Brembo Rotor

I always did “regurgitation” flushes every couple years. LOL Never had an issue until the car went to heaven at 180k miles.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Today’s Test Drive!

https://www.relive.cc/view/vNOPPRJPL2O

Brembo Rotor

Replaced the hood supports that were not reliably holding up the hood any more. I used 50sKid's YouTube on it.

Page 2459 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1459195923592409244924572458245924602461246925092559 ... LastLast