Page 2445 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 1445194523452395243524432444244524462447 ... LastLast
Results 24,441 to 24,450 of 24495

Thread: What did you do for your ZHP/ BMW / MINI today? #2

  1. #24441
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Diego, Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,850
    I seem to have lost a drawing or photo of the undersides of a E46 (ZHP) as jacking points for a hydraulic jack.

    I'm trying to recall it is somewhere in a specific area in the cross brace in front and somewhere specific by the differential? Then lowered to jack stands.

    Thanks.
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

    MY STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '92 325i M Technic AWII 5 spd. - Mothballs
    '99 540i M Sport Touring Grey Metallic 5 spd. - #3 Son DD
    '03 530i Silver Grey Metallic - ED 5 spd - S.O.'s Cruiser
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle
    '11 Honda Pilot - Daughter & Grandkids Hauler

  2. #24442
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by das boots View Post
    I seem to have lost a drawing or photo of the undersides of a E46 (ZHP) as jacking points for a hydraulic jack.

    I'm trying to recall it is somewhere in a specific area in the cross brace in front and somewhere specific by the differential? Then lowered to jack stands.

    Thanks.
    Should be under the aluminium reinforcement plate, on the raised section in front of the hole for the oil drain. And under the rear subframe, where it loops under the diff.

    I'm surprised the front jacking point is where it is though. There's no way to avoid it getting crushed if you jack from there
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)


  3. #24443
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Should be under the aluminium reinforcement plate, on the raised section in front of the hole for the oil drain. And under the rear subframe, where it loops under the diff.

    I'm surprised the front jacking point is where it is though. There's no way to avoid it getting crushed if you jack from there
    Yeah that front point is trash and I thought I remembered BMW saying not to use it.

    I still used and crushed it on my car though.

    Rear point is just ahead of the diff. Don't lift on the diff - you'll stress the mounts that way.

  4. #24444
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    335
    I never used the front point until recently because my car was always too low to reach it, but let's just say that unless you have 2 jacks, not so great things tend to happen when using the side points while trying to get all 4 corners on stands.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

  5. #24445
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    473
    Ha, I'm the opposite - my car was juuuuust high enough to get to the front centre jacking point, but now it's too low. So I end up jacking on the rear jack pads on each side, to raise the front and get jack stands under the front jack pads. Then jack up the rear under the subframe like before
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)


  6. #24446
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    535
    Once you go Quick Jack, you never go back.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&W CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

  7. #24447
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2,902
    You know you guys with lowered cars can drive up on some 2x4's to be able to get the jack under it, right?

  8. #24448
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    You know you guys with lowered cars can drive up on some 2x4's to be able to get the jack under it, right?
    You can't be part of the low life if you don't complain daily about the low life.

    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

  9. #24449
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    473
    Nah man, you gotta experience that moment your car teeter-totters on that 1 jack stand between the opposing corners of the front and rear wheel
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)


  10. #24450
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Nah man, you gotta experience that moment your car teeter-totters on that 1 jack stand between the opposing corners of the front and rear wheel
    Love seeing my chassis visibly bend.
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Page 2445 of 2450 FirstFirst ... 1445194523452395243524432444244524462447 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mini Meet and Shoot
    By M0nk3y in forum Everything Non ZHP (the place for non-ZHP photos)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 08:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •