Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2281 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1281178121812231227122792280228122822283229123312381 ... LastLast
Results 22,801 to 22,810 of 26150
    +1. I'm confident he will stay around even without a ZHP.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

I started playing around with this little bugger. Fun seeing how the temps/pressures change with some aggressive maneuvering.

US $28.65 | Tire pressure monitoring System Solar TPMS Car Security Tyre Pressure Monitoring System LCD Display Sensors for VW Toyota SUV
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/csbSGDfw

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    I started playing around with this little bugger. Fun seeing how the temps/pressures change with some aggressive maneuvering.
    , can you take a pic of your car from further away just to see how big the exterior sensors are, if they even make a difference with the size. And what is your thought too with their size?

I miss my TPMS from the ZHP. Mine were inside the wheels which made them more permanent but I like the exterior option.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    , can you take a pic of your car from further away just to see how big the exterior sensors are, if they even make a difference with the size. And what is your thought too with their size?

I miss my TPMS from the ZHP. Mine were inside the wheels which made them more permanent but I like the exterior option.
    Bruh there ain't no way around it these things is goofy af

If they work out well then I'll pick up a set of the internal sensors because (1) they'd look less stupid and (2) they'd get a more accurate temperature reading than at the end of the valve stem.

The good thing is that pressure is pressure so these sensors on the end of the valve stem is going to be just as accurate as something internal.

Where are you planning on keeping the gauge itself?

I've had this style of sensor before. Not only were they inaccurate, more than one sensor would consistently not even register a pressure reading (random ones, not always the same sensors). The final straw was when two of them had to get surgically removed because they seized to the valve stem.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Bedded my brakes and virtually eliminated my vibration issue. That’s the second time that’s worked for me.
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    Bedded my brakes and virtually eliminated my vibration issue. That’s the second time that’s worked for me.
    I had this once so far as well for my Stoptech kit. I had washed the car, and left the car in the garage for a week. Had to bed and problem solved.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

'03 325i 6MT Individual - Estoril Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    Stoptech street performance pads? That's what I had to do with mine. They're an aggressive compound and you have to regularly remember to rebed them like every month or so, or else you get pulsing brakes. I liked those pads because they were low dust and stopped great and no squeaks at all, but I hated having to rebed them all the time.

I'm on a set of Hawk street pads now, thinking they'd swap well to my hawk track pads and back without needing to rebed, and they do, but even the hawk street pads are squeaky. Not as bad as the race pads, lol, but still, they give me some squeak at lower speeds when I'm mall crawling and idling through town
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Where are you planning on keeping the gauge itself?
    Not sure yet. It fits perfectly right in front of the cluster, only blocking the clock/odometer spot. So good that it doesn't block any warning lights but I like my clock

I've been keeping it in the ash tray slot where it would probably be fine since it's not data that you really need in front of your face. They do have some styles that mount up on the windshield...

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I've had this style of sensor before. Not only were they inaccurate, more than one sensor would consistently not even register a pressure reading (random ones, not always the same sensors). The final straw was when two of them had to get surgically removed because they seized to the valve stem.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Note to self: swap the regular caps back on in winter

They've been fine so far. I was just reading through the broken English in the manual and there's something about them not sending a signal when the car is stopped/under 20kmph. I had turned the receiver off yesterday and fired it up this morning. Took like 1-2 minutes for the first sensor to connect (LR):

Then 2 minutes later they were all connected:

And evened out by the time I got to work (10 minute commute):

I can't find anything about how often they sample, but it's certainly not quick

Page 2281 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1281178121812231227122792280228122822283229123312381 ... LastLast