Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2320 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1320182022202270231023182319232023212322233023702420 ... LastLast
Results 23,191 to 23,200 of 26150
    Yes! This is definitely on my to-do list as well.
    2005 Imola Red; Black Leather

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInMD View Post
    Yes! This is definitely on my to-do list as well.
    The windshield cowl.

Name:  IMGRedZHPInteriorTrim.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  295.6 KB

Finished red wrap on trim pieces this weekend. The black-cube door handles were worn. Had some wood-grain dash trim from the 325i that held the wrap better because of the smooth surface. Took a little practice to get used to working the corners. (If at first you don't succeed, try, try again). We will see how well it holds up on the door handles this winter. Color in the photo looks a little pinkish because of the florescent lighting in my garage.

That red trim looks freakin' AWESOME!
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

as you can imagine... my fingers are killing me lol but it’s incredible how handy hog rings are when upholstering

About to purchase Matte Black vinyl for super cheap, 11$ for 1Ftx5ft to wrap my trim in a nice satin finish, looking for part # to the M logo in the bottom trim currently lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicely done
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Nicely done
    Thank you! Took a while to get here but I decided to tackle it and finish 3/4 of the wheel in one sitting. Had to restart once because I noticed I did something wrong but I found my own method to do it, all the YouTube videos on it totally show you the wrong way to do it lol

Btw - I didn’t prick my self once lmao which I’m shocked

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post
    Thank you! Took a while to get here but I decided to tackle it and finish 3/4 of the wheel in one sitting. Had to restart once because I noticed I did something wrong but I found my own method to do it, all the YouTube videos on it totally show you the wrong way to do it lol

Btw - I didn’t prick my self once lmao which I’m shocked
    What was the method you learned?? Wisdom is best shared and spread to us plebs!
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    What was the method you learned?? Wisdom is best shared and spread to us plebs!
    Lol not learned just seemed more logical than the DIY’s I read through, your making me feel like I should’ve wrote a write up. I posted this on my IG story and everyone keeps asking me how much did it cost me and everyone goes ape shit when I say 40$ lol

First begin on the two wings and make your way into the steering wheel going up to the 12 o’clock strip or down, I chose to go over left to right because I had so grabbed so much thread from the kit

The kit comes with double sided tape, use it generously on all the areas that you feel will come undone while seating the material onto your steering wheel, I made sure everything lined up before applying the double sided tape as you can see here (after you remove the back of the double sided tape, there’s almost no chance you’ll be able to move the wrap if you make a mistake so be wary of that

These areas I was crucial of because one DIY I watched on it literally wasn’t lined up in the slightest and to me defeated the purpose of doing the wrap in the first place.

I am by no means the authority on doing this lol I have gaps, You can see the disgusting underside material in some areas, some areas one would think “could be tighter” but trust me, I stretched... I pulled, damn near split my fingers open and it wouldn’t budge lol much further than that

I love OEM Alcantara wheels but I know how poorly it wears with almost no usage so I decided to go this avenue and it came out impeccable. eBay seller asked me what I wanted and I said black Alcantara, M Tri stitching, & a yellow 12 o clock stripe since I plan on doing yellow brakes & maybe yellow seat belts in my sedan this fall lol

All in all, I’m pleased and I plan on installing it this afternoon and wrapping the trims later on ...

Now it’s time to install my Alcantara arm rest from Coby Wheel

Nice work, Brandon.

Page 2320 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1320182022202270231023182319232023212322233023702420 ... LastLast