Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2483 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1483198323832433247324812482248324842485249325332583 ... LastLast
Results 24,821 to 24,830 of 26150
    Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    Installed E90 lumbar into my E46 and E60 lumber into my friends Z4, who has an E46 seat. We have six lumber units, two E60, two E90, one E46 and one E93. The junk yard let us walk out with them for free...

In a couple weekends we're going to retrofit the adjustable side bolsters. If anyone needs some lumber...we have a few.
    I’d love to retrofit lumbar but I definitely don’t want to have to mess with soldering and fuse boxing lol

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

I put my new oxy-acetylene torch outfit and MIG welder to use today--repairing a small, rust spot in the frame of my 330xi-6MT. Discovered it while replacing the oil pump (lost the nut on the drive sprocket)... found out first-hand how horrible it is to remove the oil pan (my mechanic refused to do it). Honing my skills in preparation for flooring reinforcement...
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    I’d love to retrofit lumbar but I definitely don’t want to have to mess with soldering and fuse boxing lol
    There's no soldering or fuse boxing involved when it comes to retrofitting lumbar in the E46. If you can source seats that have lumbar support then it's just plug and play. I have done this with my last ZHP and also my M3. In both cases, all I had to do is swap seats out for ones with lumbar support and it was done. It's that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Reasoned1 View Post
    I put my new oxy-acetylene torch outfit and MIG welder to use today--repairing a small, rust spot in the frame of my 330xi-6MT. Discovered it while replacing the oil pump (lost the nut on the drive sprocket)... found out first-hand how horrible it is to remove the oil pan (my mechanic refused to do it). Honing my skills in preparation for flooring reinforcement...
    How did you know the oil pump nut was lost? Or did you discover that when replacing the oil pan?

Yeah, OPG is a pain in the butt, but quite satisfying once done.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    How did you know the oil pump nut was lost? Or did you discover that when replacing the oil pan?

Yeah, OPG is a pain in the butt, but quite satisfying once done.
    +1, from the sounds of it you're super lucky to have caught it just in time
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Started ordering parts for the step -> 6MT swap in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    +1, from the sounds of it you're super lucky to have caught it just in time
    Based on the research and the way the car lost oil pressure but continued to run (for a short bit before turning it off), I suspected the nut, and I found the little culprit just sitting on the bottom of the oil pan. As for whether I stopped in time remains to be seen. The car was running fine when I stopped it, and I didn't find any evidence of over-heating or engine damage when I had it apart, so I'm optimistic. If she doesn't run, the disassembly process will begin...
    2004 BMW 330i ZHP (52k miles), Jet Black with black leather, MFactory LSD (3.38) with Z4 cover, 18"x8.5" ET38 APEX Arc-8's (Anthracite) with 245/40 Michelin PSS', Koni Sports with factory springs and front and rear reinforcement plates, Shark Injector, Corsa TSE3 cat-back exhaust, TMS under-driven pulleys (water & steering), CDV delete, TMS CF strut brace, K&N CAI, GAS DISA rebuild, TMS pedals, Wheelskins steering wheel cover, roller tray center console, black-out grilles, and WeatherTech mats

Based on the research and the way the car lost oil pressure but continued to run (for a short bit before turning it off), I suspected the nut, and I found the little culprit just sitting on the bottom of the oil pan. As for whether I stopped in time remains to be seen. The car was running fine when I stopped it, and I didn't find any evidence of over-heating or engine damage when I had it apart, so I'm optimistic. If she doesn't run, the disassembly process will begin...
    That's one of my worst nightmares... crossing my fingers your engine is fine! Has it seen some sustained high revs recently? I'm doing a lot more tracking lately and just make it a habit to short-shift around 6K, hopefully that's enough to prevent it from happening
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Coincidentally, it occurred in tandem with a rather aggressive downshift from 3rd to 2nd hitting a turn... : )

The new sprocket is safety-wired on.

Coincidentally, it occurred in tandem with a rather aggressive downshift from 3rd to 2nd hitting a turn... : )

The new sprocket is safety-wired on.
    Wow. So just a sudden oil pressure light midturn?!

Page 2483 of 2615 FirstFirst ... 1483198323832433247324812482248324842485249325332583 ... LastLast